Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default First try with the x50....

Just thought i'd give everyone a brief recap of my day yesterday with my x50. Left the house around 5'ish and was on the road for about 25 min. (city/town driving) and then again later that night for another 20-30 min.

There really wasn't a threat yesterday. I had it on Auto. And the X Band went off maybe 3 times and one of those times the signal strength was all the way up. But i didn't see a cop, not saying that there wasn't one i may just not have seen him. The other times it was just like 1 or 2 bars. And then my K band went off like once or twice with no more than 2 bars. How will i know if the rd is working like it should be as far as detecting radar and the range is good? I guess i won't until i come up on a cop or something. It didn't do that much falsing though. I guess except for the X band going off.

Should i put POP on or leave it off? I haven't done anything with the settings yet so whatever the default settings are that's what it's on

Founder of Stealthvation

Keep POP off because the falsing will drive you NUTS!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

well...keep pop on if you have pop in your state

Speed Demon

If your detector is going off then it is working fine. After your drive your route a couple of times you will get a feel for it and notice where it is going to "false." I can tell you exactly when and what band mine is going to go off on my drive to work and other places a frequent.

It wont take long before you get used to it and notice where it will false.

Also, when you get used to the areas where it falses, switch the display over to expert so you can see how many bands of false are going off. This will help you if you know there is a k false there, if you have a 2nd bar of K along with the false, there possibly could be a cop around.

Founder of Stealthvation

One more thing. activate the Multiple Threat Display. It is AWESOME and a feature I sorely miss.

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    One more thing. activate the Multiple Threat Display. It is AWESOME and a feature I sorely miss.
    beat you to it :wink:

Default POP... How do i know...?

Hey guys how can i tell if POP is being used where i am?

Advanced Member

Default Re: POP... How do i know...?

Quote Originally Posted by tech_geek
    Hey guys how can i tell if POP is being used where i am?
    depends if someone that is friends with that radar gun manufactuers will tell that person where certain guns were purchased, Only reason i know POP is use on I 90 ny thruway is i got a POP warning and there was an officer using the MPH z35 ka-band....I know this cause i know what the gun looks like

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    YES, yes, 1000 times yes. My friend told me about this and I've been hooked ever since.

This will greatly help you in these areas you are experiencing the falses.... keep an eye on what the falses are. Next time you go through that area, if there is a change, chances are that extra "false" isn't one at all!

Founder of Stealthvation

Man Robert you do not know how much I miss the multiple threat display. The only thing that could be better is one that tracks 9 ka, 9 k and 9 x. I would definately jump on the bandwagon then

buyradardetectors rocks!