Thread: RE

Newcomer

Default RE

Some of the under $200.00 detectors also performed very well during this testing such as the Cobra 9700 reporting X band at 10.7 miles and Ka at 8.8 miles. The Whistler began alerting at 9.2 miles on K band.

Radar Roy what was the distance of the whistlers on X band and KA band?
    :?: :?:
    bd

Lead Foot

those test where made using radar at full power in straight line, It's not always like that in the real world :roll:

Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

I have used a radar detector since the late 70's. I have owned ONE top of the line detector back in 1985 and have used low end units mostly till I bought my 8500 X50 Blue, just recently.

I did okay with the low end units, paying attention, which you need to do while driving anyway. Knowing what my cheap detector was telling me,eing able to interpret the signals. Being able to spot a Police Car at night from just the lights and general outline. All these little things help. I got my share of tickets but I also avoided many more. I do drive fast...........

Well, I finally realized on my last trip from Pittsburgh to Jersey. That the big issue was falsing. I finally got tired of the constant falsing. Just got tired and lazy, assumed it was another false.........and BAM.........there he was..................... He got me 2 miles from my exit on the PA Turnpike.......so close......so close.

So, I said time for a good Detector. I am so amazed at the difference in performance absolutely amazing. Falsing is so much less. I can see the ACME sign before I get the beep beep, so I know its probably a false. With my old dtector a 2 mile trip in town was a constant beep beep.....LOL

And I run in Highway mode all the time too. I know money can be tight............But save up for the better detector if you have too. I promise you wont be going wrong. Better to have the best........I finally figured it out. Wish I had done it eralier!

Have fun and enjoy.............

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LiQuiDz
    those test where made using radar at full power in straight line, It's not always like that in the real world :roll:
    Well Said !!!!!!

In the real world cops do not set up speed traps parked at the
    side of a wide open straight and level road with their units at full power and constant on.

How a RD performs detecting low powered instant on, POP,
    moving radar, etc is what matters.

:?

Founder of Stealthvation

Exactly thay is why the videos on this forum are priceless. They are REAL WORLD and encounters that actually happen not tests in a desert
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

Default RE

How else are you supposed to rate a radar then :?: Don't you rate the upper radar's with the same data?

Advanced Member

Default Re: RE

Quote Originally Posted by bd
    How else are you supposed to rate a radar then :?: Don't you rate the upper radar's with the same data?
    If you read the entire reveiw of say SML for example the long range tests are only a fraction of the story.
    Over hill detection, Instant on detection, POP detection etc on all frequencies (especailly super wide Ka) and filtering are all taken into consideration in declaring the "Winner(s)".
    The Top 3 (X50 R65 V1) perform exceptionally well in all of these catigories....... not just long range.
    That's why they cost the most.
    The cheaper detectors just can not compete with the Top 3 in the real world.
    In my opinion the only options are one of the Top 3, save your $ buy one of these you will not be disappointed.
    :wink:

Newcomer

I was going by the bar graf's on the shootout looked like a good way to determine the results on the detectors and it wasn't just long range. just wanted to know the range on the pro 73.
    bd