Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Still Using X Band!!!

Northern Indiana (20 Bypass).

2 County Cops on the bypass still using X band! Where do they find these ancient radar units??? It's sad to say, but keep your X band on in Indiana...I am yet to encounter a true POP which is supposed to be used in Indiana.

I will leave x-band on until I can know for sure that it is no longer a threat. I bet the LEOs are starting to catch on and realize that people are not responding to X (if I was LEO, I would ask for an old radar gun and use it).

I don't see what it hurts to leave X on. The sound is usually distictly different and it is realitively easy to disern a false. I mean, most of the places that I get door openers and such are definately no place to speed. Now if I was to pickup X on the open road, you better believe that I would slow down and try to locate the bogey...

Good Citizen

Default I agree

I have read posts where people advise others to turn it off. Not in Indiana. I have only encountered it in Elkhart County, maybe they are on a budget...Ha Ha

Good Citizen

I had a hit of X band coming from a state trooper near New Paltz, NY ! I couldn't believe it!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by AceFreely
    I will leave x-band on until I can know for sure that it is no longer a threat. I bet the LEOs are starting to catch on and realize that people are not responding to X (if I was LEO, I would ask for an old radar gun and use it).

I don't see what it hurts to leave X on. The sound is usually distictly different and it is realitively easy to disern a false. I mean, most of the places that I get door openers and such are definately no place to speed. Now if I was to pickup X on the open road, you better believe that I would slow down and try to locate the bogey...
    Here in California, they are trying that same trick, however they use K band. Most CHPs do it. Espeically in the Cities.

Speed Demon

Default Re: I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    I have read posts where people advise others to turn it off. Not in Indiana. I have only encountered it in Elkhart County, maybe they are on a budget...Ha Ha
    there's a thread here saying to stop telling people to do that! :wink:

Good Citizen

Default Re: Still Using X Band!!!

2 County Cops on the bypass still using X band! Where do they find these ancient radar units??? It's sad to say, but keep your X band on in Indiana...I am yet to encounter a true POP which is supposed to be used in Indiana.
    I drove through Indiana on the way to/and home from my moms in February, and I got popped lots and LOTS (rolls eyes), and not a one of them was real.

On a semi-unrelated note, I also got popped four times in a row at the Long John Silvers in Effingham, Illinois. Now, what do you think the odds are that a cop was clocking the drive through lane at a fast food resturant?

Oy.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Still Using X Band!!!

I agree. I've seen X band in Central IN too! Some counties still have it, like Hancock County (Greenfield). I ahve also seen some X band used by the Marion Co. Sheriff (Indianapolis). ISP still has some K-55s in service too. The take the old X bands out of mothballs every once in awhile. My local PD has an old Decatur MV-715 X band that they use periodically. I can pick it up so far away it's almost ridiculous! Real X band radar usually has a much stronger signal strenght than the false alarms and the signal strength increase is consistent.

If I were a traffic cop, I would want X band. I would use it in the high false alarm X band areas. I often see 2 responses to X band false alarms. Most just ignore them. Others turn their detectors off but do not slow down.

GTO_04

Good Citizen

Default Lot's of POP falsing

I don't know why I encounter so much falsing here in Indiana. I have a lot of Falsing on my POP mode. Drives me nuts. I expect the x band but the POP sounds like the cop is right on you. Can't wait for that technology to improve!!!!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Lot's of POP falsing

I don't know why I encounter so much falsing here in Indiana. I have a lot of Falsing on my POP mode. Drives me nuts. I expect the x band but the POP sounds like the cop is right on you. Can't wait for that technology to improve!!!!
    Do you get a lot of POP falses on your V1?

GTO_04