Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default V1 Price and Firefox

Hello everyone,

I have two questions, one being does anyone know of where you can get a v1 under 400 dollars (and when maybe the next upgrade would be), and my second does anyone know why firefox doesnt work with the boards here? (I can browse, but cant post or any of the little buttons/pictures/smilies I also have BBcode plugin installed for it too.)

Thanks for any help guys

Banned

It's against policy to put links on this board to any website that sells radar detectors, other then radarbusters.com.

On another note I'd wait and purchase the V1 when they fix the "j" bug.

Chris

Advanced Member

You could buy a V1 off an auction site but after you pay for the upgrade cost you would of most likely paid more than if you ought the detector from V! directly....Your best bet and cheapest would be going to the licenced retail to buy

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

JTW,

I think you contribute an exceptional amount to this site, and I applaud your efforts. I mention this because I don't want to be percieved as picking a fight. However I feel that I would be remiss not to point out one simple point...

The J function seems to work perfectly well in the V-1 that I own. I understand that I have not yet faced every situation, but it has consistently worked as advertised for me.

I find the criticism of this feature to be unwarranted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistZ
    JTW,

I think you contribute an exceptional amount to this site, and I applaud your efforts. I mention this because I don't want to be percieved as picking a fight. However I feel that I would be remiss not to point out one simple point...

The J function seems to work perfectly well in the V-1 that I own. I understand that I have not yet faced every situation, but it has consistently worked as advertised for me.

I find the criticism of this feature to be unwarranted.
    Thank you for brining up your point of view Artist. If you see a different point of view I would expect you to bring it up because I can sometimes open my mouth without thinking first :wink: . I pointeded this out because Valentine Research allegedly confirmed they knew about the glitch when other members on the forum called them.

If an X50 owner was running off at the mouth about the "j" function I wouldn't have given the comments any weight, but since the owners were V1 guys I didn't think they would lie about it.

Chris

Banned

To read more about other peoples experiences with the "J bug" go to this thread.

http://www.radardetector.net/%26quot...V-1.-1444t.php

Chris

Banned

Default I'm running Firefox

I am running firefox on this machine, and it works great for this and all sites. Maybe check your security settings.

I bought the latest V1 directly from Valenting Research. I should get it tomorrow. If it isn't "tits", it is going back to the place they built it, and I am getting an 8500. After fighting zombies on the internet for years about how the V1 isn't the end all of radar detectors, I just can't believe that I picked one up.

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1 Price and Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    Hello everyone,

I have two questions, one being does anyone know of where you can get a v1 under 400 dollars (and when maybe the next upgrade would be), and my second does anyone know why firefox doesnt work with the boards here? (I can browse, but cant post or any of the little buttons/pictures/smilies I also have BBcode plugin installed for it too.)

Thanks for any help guys
    For your second question, Firefox works perfect. It is the only browser I use. When they released the first flavor of Mozilla (right after its Netscape days) I had to keep IE around for a few sites, but since they scrapped the old Netscape code and went with a fresh re-write I haven't had any problems with the sites I visit. I use it on both my PC and my Mac. They are also working on a little browser for the Mobile platform. I think it's called Minimo.

Radar Fanatic

Try re-setting to defaults on all of the security settings for firefox, i've been using it since this board started. Only problem I ever had was that it occasionally wouldn't log in on the first try using the "Log In" button up at the top, I had to use the "Log in to check private messages" thing. Other than that, it works flawlessly for me.

Old Timer

Default Re: V1 Price and Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for any help guys
    I believe you can call VR up and ask them for a refurbished v1 for under 400.

As for firefox, that is all I use and I have to say ive never had problems...