Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default HP using laser on exit ramp what are they keying in on

Some of THP here are using lasers but there sneaky and parking on the exit ramp so you can't see them until your parallel with them. What are they keying in on. My tail lights are tinted 50% if that helps. And the car is a metallic shadow gray with color matched wheels.

Thanks
    Josh

Newcomer

I'm probaly gonna be buying a laser shield for the rear tag but didnt know if I need to do something with the side of the vehicle.

Old Timer

You'll wanna check out this thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

Old Timer

Default reply

Welcome MustangLife to the board. Laser is pretty deadly, especially from an onramp. BTW, there is a recent post on here stating from someone in/around your area that X band was being used by some police officer in/around Chattanooga, TN. Have you heard about this?

Newcomer

Yes x-band is still being used a little bit. The Tennessee government has a contract for a little over 2 million worth of Stalker Lidar-C and a little over a 1 million in Stalker Dual SL (KA). Through 2007. I know that Shelby County (Memphis) got most of the lidar. Not sure what was left over for the rest of the state.

Newcomer

Yeah Brentwood Tn got 5 Ulralite guns...

Old Timer

Default so

So is X band being used around Nashville then?

Lead Foot

I every now and then see an unmarked crown vic on vietnam veterans using stationary constant on X band under some of the overpasses in the mornings. I've seen him pull many people over too. I've also seen this same guy under the 109 bridge in Gallatin using the same setup, but with Kroger right beside this bridge using X band door openers as to hide himself...would have been toast had my X50 not have shown 2 X bands. And also I've been hit with moving X band every now and then with marked patrol cars going down 31E(Gallatin road) in hendersonville, so yes, X band is still alive and well in these parts.

Also, going through hendersonville, the police there are very stupid with their tactics. Every single time I've seen them use instant on either with K or KA, they hit EVERY SINGLE CAR. They might as well shoot up flares with their locations. I guess they really have nothing better to do since 80% of the people that live there are older than moses, driving those huge tanks doing maybe 20 in a 35.

The police here in Gallatin, however, are very very smart. They use very low powered digital KA guns on their black dodge chargers, and even in constant on mode with someone pulled over, I have very little warning with my X50, I usually see them before my detector goes off. My dad's pro 73 is even worse, one chirp RIGHT as you pass them, my sister's cobra stays silent(surprise surprise). I can't count the times I've been nailed with instant on and I would have been screwed if I were speeding. Luckily they won't pull you over for doing less than 10 over (usually). I've seen Nissan titans, grand am's, yellow H2's with regular tags, no antennas, and no spotlight using instant on to oncoming traffic, only for them to light up like a UFO with blue lights behind all the tinted glass to pull the poor suckers in oncoming taffic over after pulling a barney fife U-Turn. So if you're ever coming through gallatin late at night BE CAREFUL, in the day you're pretty much safe from what I've experienced as the unmarked LEO's only come out late on the weekend's. P.S. I've only seen laser used here twice by random THP in sumner county. Davidson county has laser almost everywhere somedays, and other days you wont hear or see a single one. Maybe the "Hot Now" sign was flicked on??

Suf Daddy

Dating back 20 years or so, books like "How to beat the radar trap" and others mentioned TN would shoot people in the back on ON ramps as the highway traffic passed underneath. They seem to be credited (or referenced) as having done that sneaky tactic a long time ago.

A few LEo's have adopted that style outside of TN.

Just an FYI.

-Suf Daddy

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Suf Daddy
    Dating back 20 years or so, books like "How to beat the radar trap" and others mentioned TN would shoot people in the back on ON ramps as the highway traffic passed underneath. They seem to be credited (or referenced) as having done that sneaky tactic a long time ago.

A few LEo's have adopted that style outside of TN.

Just an FYI.

-Suf Daddy
    I've seen Hendersonville do this ONCE, on the exit ramp getting onto 31E from vets, shooting traffic in the rear heading towards davidson county, but it was constant on K band...these guys need some training with radar :-P They have the tactics as far as positioning, but shoot radar like they've never heard of a radar detector before.