While driving all over the St. Louis Metro area with the V1 this is what I was able to find out about the V1.
Test's done in A mode and Logic mode. Advance Logic was not done in this test drive.
First the Pro's:
- Excellent Reception Distance on Constant on KA about 9/10ths of a mile (Straight w/ hills)
- The mounting bracket allows many different leveling options
- Very loud speaker
- LED Display is at a comfortable level
- Too many falses on X, K, Ka, & Laser (unless you are out in a rural area)
- Arrows are only correct 45% of the time
- You can't discern what is falses and what is true radar
- At night you can't tell which band the detector is alerting to visually
- The strongest threat will alert, not the biggest threat. (Example if you are closer to X you will get the X alert, If KA is around it will blink KA but will not alert to KA over X) Some detectors will alert by priority, not this detector
Would I recommend this detector? I hate to say it but NO, not of this date. maybe after trying the detector in Advance Logic Mode it might help, I can only hope.