Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 UPDATE

Founder of Stealthvation

Default V1 UPDATE

In the past I have expressed my frustrations with a particular city's radar unit in Ohio (Sheffield Village). My past experiences with radar detectors and this city have not been all that great. I usually would get a 1/4 of a mile warning. Well today I got about a mile warning (K band) on TWO different occasions. I COULD NOT believe my eyes. Could it be that today they had their radar units on full power (squelch I believe is the word)? Could it be a fluke? Could it be that POP2 has increased the radar sensitivity SO MUCH that I get advanced warning? Whatever it is I hope it stays this way. I will take the extra falsing to have this type of protection. I am SO SCARED of Sheffield Village (to speed), that I may finally be able to drive a little faster than 35mph.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

that is a one and a million great story the like i said i just think the v1 falses alittle to much for me to get at least 3 mins of speeding in. If the v1 had the filtering system like the x50 i would love the v1 to death but thats not the case here i hope that v1 keeps u on ur toes

Founder of Stealthvation

It is all based on what one prefers. BOTH detectors are AWESOME. IMHO they are only seperated by features. I PERSONALLY liked the arrows, rear antenna, and magnesium case. I also liked the X50's frequency identification, multiple band identification and lack of falsing of the X50. In the end the features of the V1 barely won me over

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

thats cool i just would look on how to buy these 2 RD's only where the place you live.

i would have got the v1 if i lived in the country

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    thats cool i just would look on how to buy these 2 RD's only where the place you live.

I would have kept mine too

Speed Demon

I live in New Orleans and put my V1 on the big "L" setting and I barely get any falsing. When I travel on the interstates I put it on the big "A" setting and barely get any falsing. I guess it depends on what city you live in as far as falsing. It will go off if I am real close to stores but that means there are lots of people around so I should be driving slow anyway.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy

I live in New Orleans and put my V1 on the big "L" setting and I barely get any falsing. When I travel on the interstates I put it on the big "A" setting and barely get any falsing. I guess it depends on what city you live in as far as falsing. It will go off if I am real close to stores but that means there are lots of people around so I should be driving slow anyway.
    Yeah I know what you mean. When I used to attend OSU I would get a lot of falsing in Columbus Ohio. The area where I live today is not nearly as bad so I am VERY happy with my V1, VERY happy!

buyradardetectors rocks!

I have an older Bell 970 LR (still an excellent detector btw) that has frequency display. I can tell what signals are false and what are true radar because the "falses" I drive by always run at certain frequencies. When I get a frequency that is different 99 out of 100 times it's police radar. People that "diss" spec display just don't know how to use it. It invaluable if you know how to use it properly... 8)

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy

Yeah I know what you mean. When I used to attend OSU I would get a lot of falsing in Columbus Ohio. The area where I live today is not nearly as bad so I am VERY happy with my V1, VERY happy!
    In the columbus area you shouldnt speed anyways. there are people everywhere...

When I havd my V1, it was always falsing on K, so the Advanced L mode wont work for me.

Founder of Stealthvation

I am talking about the Highways (I 71, I 271)

buyradardetectors rocks!