Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Things to Test in Ohio

Would the members who are going to be testing the laser jammers mind if some of the forum members maybe made a few suggestions for things they might like to see? I know you already have a game plan for scenarios to test. If this is ok, I only have one simple request.

1. I have yet to see how a jammer performs against a laser unit on an overpass. All tests conducted have been from the ground, and jammer companies say they must be level to work. I was curious how its performance would be effected by a non-eyelevel threat.

Advanced Member

Be a good test

Outrun ran into an overpass trap. here is the video first on on the page
    http://www.jasonsvideoproductions.co...mmervideos.htm

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Yep, Ive been hit from the same overpass. I know the overpass laser will set off the blinder, but I'm really betting the punchthrough range is horrible because the closer you get, the more the laser is out of your line of sight.

Founder of Stealthvation

Already planned and will be done. In fact I was driving around last weekend scanning for good a overpass location for testing
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

YES!!!!

Good Citizen

Another idea would be to test the jammers mounted on the rear of a car and shoot the car while its recedeing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by antilaser
    Another idea would be to test the jammers mounted on the rear of a car and shoot the car while its recedeing.
    Marko, how powerful are your diodes? Do you just have one diode per transmitter? Most of the 904nm diodes I've looked at are 45W. Do you know what wattage of lidatek/target units?

Chris

Good Citizen

I would like to see the LE-30 transponders placed in different locations. For example, see how one transponer does in the middle of the car above the license plate (PLEASE TEST WITH LICENSE PLATES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE CARS!!!) as apposed to 2 LE-30 transponders on both sides of the car. Leaving the license plates on the car will also be harder to jam, so lets make the tests as difficult for the jammers as possible!

Also, try placing 1 jammer on the rear of the car to see if the gun can be jammed from the rear.

Personally I'm more interested in the Lidatek because I know the blinder doesn't perform well over 1000 feet.

Good Citizen

I would also like to see the gun operator trigger the gun, then release for 1 second, then trigger the gun again and see if the jammer is still jamming. Does anyone know if this will defeat the jammers? or do the jammers (blinder and lidatek) keep jamming for a set amount of time after an initial detection. I read in roy's post that they had to redo the Lidatek test because of cycling of the jammer???

Newcomer

I would like to see Veil tested with just the top three RD's, have the car approach at 70 and see if they can slow to 55 before the laser guns can get their speed reading.

The test could be extended by adding a laser shield for the poor suckers (me included) who are stuck with a front plate.

(although I did hear that Ohio was considering dropping the front plates)