Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default rear/zr4 jammer test idea

On the next GOL can you guys put the rear jammer part (especially the zr4 rear head) by itself on the front of the vehicle then test the jamming capability please?

I'd really like the see the quality of the jammers from the rear as well as the front. The only way to do this imho is to either drive backwards at the lidar gun or put the rear heads in the front.

I know this isn't a large concern but in some areas cops hide were they can not see the vehicle until it has driven past already and only shoot lidar from the rear. Because of this, I worry and there is no accurate rear jamming results.

oh and btw, thanks GOL! all of your hard work has helped the community sooo much! ^_^

Yoda of Radar

I 1000% agree. A rear jammer test has to be done. I can't be the only one with a rear laser ticket.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80
    I 1000% agree. A rear jammer test has to be done. I can't be the only one with a rear laser ticket.
    x2

Professional

I agree that full protection includes protection against rear shots.

I also think that for *most* vehicles, covering the rear is more difficult than the front, due to more reflectors, the mandatory tag, and less sloping area than the front.

It seems to reason that it it takes 2 heads to cover the front of a vehicle, it's probably going to require TWO of them to cover the rear for anything other than tag shots.

Radar Fanatic

not only that but when being shot from the front usually an officer shoots at around 1000 ft away but shooting the rear they usually start at 400ft which is scary especially since 90% of the lidar shots I've seen first hand are rear only shots.

Radar Fanatic

The single ZR3 head did very well on the back of my dark blue Magnum. (-When the plate was targeted) I also got an actual rear laser save in Ga when I had a ZR3 on a gold (bright brown) Altima.

I can only guess the ZR4 will do even better.

yay I ordered the ZR4

I should have it by next week

Quote Originally Posted by bunny
    not only that but when being shot from the front usually an officer shoots at around 1000 ft away but shooting the rear they usually start at 400ft which is scary especially since 90% of the lidar shots I've seen first hand are rear only shots.
    And we all thought that you kept your eyes peeled as to what is just a bit further down the road ahead. Yet here you are worried about rear laser shots when you should have spotted the officer before you passed him!

Just kidding. :wink:

With all joking aside, I really do like your idea of putting the rear jammer up front in order to easily test its effectiveness. I suppose the headlights on the test vehicle could be covered with red acetate to simulate the red taillights on the back of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny
    And we all thought that you kept your eyes peeled as to what is just a bit further down the road ahead. Yet here you are worried about rear laser shots when you should have spotted the officer before you passed him!

Just kidding. :wink:

With all joking aside, I really do like your idea of putting the rear jammer up front in order to easily test its effectiveness. I suppose the headlights on the test vehicle could be covered with red acetate to simulate the red taillights on the back of a car.
    I wish, Here on Long Island there latest tactic has been to hide behind the sound deadening wall on a entrance way, and shoot you in the ass with the laser... very well done tactic to be honest... Same day I saw that was the Same Day I joined this forum lol... So I really do think it would be beneficial for GOL to do a Rear Test as well as the Front.

Personally, Id like to see the rear test for the following:
    Blinder M45 (2 heads in rear)
    Cheetah PASS (1/2 Heads in Rear)
    ZR4 (with its 1 head above tags)
    Laser Park Pro (1 Head in the rear)

The above are far from the ideal set up for rear protection im sure, but its what my wallet can afford lol, and im sure there are others who are in a similar spot

Scratonicity Groupie

we'll mount it on the rear plate. won't be a problem.