Default rx 65 on ka usa or intl

I have the bel rx 65 in what mode in ka do I leave it in intl or usa? I live in ny. thanks!

Lead Foot

keep it in the INTL mode, if you use USA it will only scan few Ka Band, if you use the INTLMode it will scan the whole Ka Band

Experienced

Does most Ka Radar guns use a specific band? I know it takes longer to scan the Ka spectrum therefore reducing advanced warning. So maybe it would be more of a balance, quicker detection vs. more coverage outside the normal GHz range?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RensoreK
    Does most Ka Radar guns use a specific band? I know it takes longer to scan the Ka spectrum therefore reducing advanced warning. So maybe it would be more of a balance, quicker detection vs. more coverage outside the normal GHz range?
    Each radar company has it's own KA band frequency. They don't change it up guys and there are currently only 3 KA frequencies used in the USA. This is why the Scorpion KA jammer only jams 3 frequencies.

33.8 GHz, 34.7 GHz, and 35.5 GHz

Bel radar detectors have "accusweep", which only look at these 3 radar frequencies in the KA spectrum. This makes detection quicker and reduces false alerts. I don't recommend keeping it in this mode though incase some ka radar gun falls out of tune.

Experienced

Why do so many people recommended setting the Ka to INTL when it's default is USA and during SML tests I'm sure they leave it at default. It depends on how often you will find a gun thats outside that freq. Although sweeping 3GHz might take a bit right?

Banned

Keep it in USA mode. Unless we get Multanova photo radar traps it makes no sense in putting your detector in Euro mode. This just broadens the search. Accusweep and default mode are not the same from what I remember. Keep it in default and be done with it.

Good Citizen

I don't have the Rx 65 however I have a V995 which comes programmed in international since its a international detector basically the same as a Rx 65. Got a Ka hit that was outside a bit of the three frequencies. I would enable international unless you want to take a chance on getting a ticket.

fireant

Experienced

The detector has to allow a small margin of error because when radar hits objects it changes freq. so it won't be exactly, maybe a few MHz off. If it were to detect say 33.50GHz it would probably consider 35.20GHz a hit otherwise it would barely detect anything. The only way to know is enable TECH display , leave it in USA and see what freq its detecting as Ka alerts.