This was one crazy weekend. Iím not too pleased with the organization of the event and am putting the blame on myself. I was hoping for more consistent testing and recording but uncontrollable circumstances made that pretty difficult.
First off, I would like to thank all the members that showed up. In attendance, we had Carter840, CrazyVolvoRob, Dorcse, hockey005, Mthman30, Suf Daddy, and myself. Hockey005 and Suf Daddy were observers. Hockey got some valuable hands on time with the guns while probably leaving the event a lot wiser but a bit more confused on which jammer to purchase. Suf Daddy came in like he was riding a big wave at high-tide, offered his super valuable input, and then "rolled out" like the Autobots. I want to thank him for providing almost all the guns. Everyone else had their vehicle tested and also assisted with testing and data recording.
The plan was to have each car tested center mass (CM), passengerís headlight (PHL), and driverís headlight (DHL)for each gun. I was planning on recording all of the data except for when I drove my car during testing. CrazyVolvo ďsteady-handsĒ Rob was more or less the chosen one for LIDAR operator. Every gun that was used except for the Ultralyte and Prolaser 2 were mounted on tripods. A tripod was used to steady those two units but they were not mounted. I did not have enough time to fabricate a mount adapter for them. Next time, I will though.
Things did not happen as planned. Data recording was a little sloppy and we did not record nearly as much video as I would have liked. The main reason for this was my tinkering with the alignment of the Stalker LZ1. The guys who were present have already heard, but I spent the majority of the night before trying to align it. I tinkered again off and on for an additional 2 hours and the result was the HUD dot being slightly off-center towards the bottom of a sign 522 ft away by .25 dot-width.(1/4 of the dot was off the bottom of the sign.) That was good enough for me.
The Event was supposed to start at 11 am. We ended up starting at 12 pm after waiting 35 minutes on Mr. ZR4. The primary guns used were the LTI Ultralyte 200LR (125pps), Laser Atlanta Speed Laser 2, and Stalker LZ1 (pre-E04 fix). The Stalker wasn't ready until after 2pm. The Prolaser 2 was used primarily to test those setups that had issues with the Laser Atlanta. The Marksman 20-20 was hardly used at all. LA Stealthmode was used once or twice but wasnít really a concern because no one had a LED-type jammer.
OK ok, Iím done writing, here are the results. PLEASE READ THE NOTES BECAUSE THEY ARE IMPORTANT AND WILL HELP ELIMINATE SILLY QUESTIONS!!! These results are the results that were written down on paper with actual distance and speed readings. There are concerns of PT's that occurred and what not that will be addressed by me in a few moments. I will offer my observations, explanations, pictures, videos, and what I concluded after analysis of all the data in my following posts. Any members who were present, feel free to do the same and also add in anything that occurred during the event but was left out. Thanks.
PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CIVIL. Special thanks to C55 aka Cliff for getting me my replacement LI heads in no-time. Top notch service!!!!