Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Garda Lake -Italy
    Posts
    294

    Default Radar Detector & Laser Jammer test on street - Italy...

    My name is Stefano Ambrosini and i'm the editor in chief of a new
    italian magazine about sport cars tests.
    The magazine' name is VELOCELEBRI.
    We have the autorization of the main sport brands like ferrari, lamborghini, pagani...

    we want to make a comparison test on real word on the italian street...
    we make an article for the new top sport's car magazine in italy (www.velocelebri.it)...

    the site will coming soon on the end of september and tests only sports
    cars.(1st tests are lotus exige, noble m12 gto, tvr sagaris)


    we sent to all the company who produce Radar Detector or Laser Jammer any infos or test units to make a test...

    Now we have this answer:
    - Valentine Research: no test unit for review.
    - Escort: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Beltronics: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Cobra: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Whistler: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Anti Laser: probably a test unit ops:
    - Blinder: gave probably a unit at dealer prize...
    - Lidatek: no answer (we resend it today)


    Any opinion?

  2. #2
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Finland (North Europe)
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Probably the manufacturers dont consider Italy as an prospective marketing zone? They are SO USA centered ...

    Try more the european manufacturers like Stinger, Target Automotive, Cheetah

    Also if You could find an group of enthuastic hobbyist like Guys of Lidar (USA), BlackSnake Team (Finland), the Flitsservice (Netherlands) or the Hungarian guys - try to co-operate with them. Im sure they would collect and bring all the units to Your test if they could have a taste of Ferrari at same

  3. #3
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Garda Lake -Italy
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.T
    Probably the manufacturers dont consider Italy as an prospective marketing zone? They are SO USA centered ...

    Try more the european manufacturers like Stinger, Target Automotive, Cheetah

    Also if You could find an group of enthuastic hobbyist like Guys of Lidar (USA), BlackSnake Team (Finland), the Flitsservice (Netherlands) or the Hungarian guys - try to co-operate with them. Im sure they would collect and bring all the units to Your test if they could have a taste of Ferrari at same
    tnx a lot for your opinion...

    i'll wait a few week an answer from the companies...

    lidatek answered me now...

  4. #4
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Budapest, HU
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Hi Stefano!

    What happened, did you change your clotches? :wink:
    When do you plan these tests? Maybe I could help you with some units... D.E.T's idea sounds well! 8)

  5. #5
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Radar Detector & Laser Jammer test on street - Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lod
    My name is Stefano Ambrosini and i'm the editor in chief of a new
    italian magazine about sport cars tests.
    The magazine' name is VELOCELEBRI.
    We have the autorization of the main sport brands like ferrari, lamborghini, pagani...

    we want to make a comparison test on real word on the italian street...
    we make an article for the new top sport's car magazine in italy (www.velocelebri.it)...

    the site will coming soon on the end of september and tests only sports
    cars.(1st tests are lotus exige, noble m12 gto, tvr sagaris)


    we sent to all the company who produce Radar Detector or Laser Jammer any infos or test units to make a test...

    Now we have this answer:
    - Valentine Research: no test unit for review.
    - Escort: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Beltronics: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Cobra: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Whistler: no answer (we resend it today)
    - Anti Laser: probably a test unit ops:
    - Blinder: gave probably a unit at dealer prize...
    - Lidatek: no answer (we resend it today)


    Any opinion?
    I would watch out for units to be sent to YOU they mite be juiced up.

  6. #6
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Garda Lake -Italy
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Radar Detector & Laser Jammer test on street - Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat

    I would watch out for units to be sent to YOU they mite be juiced up.
    i don't understand...


    Quote Originally Posted by T-T
    Hi Stefano!

    What happened, did you change your clotches? :wink:
    When do you plan these tests? Maybe I could help you with some units... D.E.T's idea sounds well! 8)
    i have some contact here i was in monaco (montecarlo) for the top marques monaco (only press!)










    what do you think about that cars?

  7. #7
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Budapest, HU
    Posts
    255

    Default Re: Radar Detector & Laser Jammer test on street - Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lod
    what do you think about that cars?
    They are great cars, no question. I'd like to buy one of them soon but firstly I have to do the lottery...
    Oops, I forget that I'm in Hungary - I must to play for that in the US lottery! My purchasing is postponed for a few days.

  8. #8
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Garda Lake -Italy
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Radar Detector & Laser Jammer test on street - Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by T-T
    Quote Originally Posted by Lod
    what do you think about that cars?
    They are great cars, no question. I'd like to buy one of them soon but firstly I have to do the lottery...
    Oops, I forget that I'm in Hungary - I must to play for that in the US lottery! My purchasing is postponed for a few days.
    i must have som help for the reviews...

    anyone can give me some opinion of or review of their Rdard detector or jammer?

  9. #9
    Experienced
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Garda Lake -Italy
    Posts
    294

    Default

    anyone has direct mail contact of any company?

    tnx a lot

  10. #10
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Radar Detector & Laser Jammer test on street - Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lod
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat


    I would watch out for units to be sent to YOU they mite be juiced up.
    i don't understand...

    As in modified. They mite have better detection than the same radar detector because they are modified "juiced"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 10:16 AM
  2. Radar Detector vs. Laser Jammer
    By PBeers in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
  3. Best Radar/Laser Detector/Jammer?
    By Mid in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 07:55 PM
  4. Laser Activators Now Available! Test Your Detector/Jammer!
    By jimbonzzz in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
  5. Best Radar & Laser detector for Italy...
    By Lod in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •