Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Immediancy Of Response Really Important?

I got to thinking... how really important is this? So I ran a few calculations...

30 MPH = 44 feet per second traveled
    40 MPH = 58.6 feet per second traveled
    50 MPH = 73.3 feet per second traveled
    60 MPH = 88 feet per second traveled
    70 MPH = 102.6 feet per second travel
    80 MPH = 117.3 feet per second traveled
    90 MPH = 132 feet per second traveled
    100 MPH = 146.6 feet per second traveled

So if you have a radar detector that warns you a half a second sooner than another, say at 80 MPH. You were warned 58.5 feet sooner if the detectors both picked up radar at the exact same time.

If a detector had slightly less sensitivity than another, It's response time may make up for that and the alert may sound at the same time as the slightly more sensitive one.

Obviously, at higher speeds, immediancy of response is more important. Speedzones did a test on this and the two Bel units did very well.

Speed Demon

Nice calculations, sometimes you can be saved by seconds. Immediancy Of Response is a good thing to check when shopping for RDs

Advanced Member

With Laser we're talking milliseconds (.3 sec) for a lock. You bet its important

Experienced

The V1 Responded well in this test...

http://www.radardetector.net/V1-vs.-...otout-865t.php

Advanced Member

There's another video to that shows a similar thing: V1 vs X50 on K-Band: one of the jammertests videos that Chris did.

http://www.jammertests.com/f/JammerT..._V1X50_POP.wmv

For those that don't know, the video was supposed to be a POP video, however it was later found to not actually be in POP mode, so the video was a quick-trigger instant-on video. (Detals on this here:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=1156)

Jim

V1 Zombie

My dealer tells the bell Bell 995 is one of the fastest. Even faster than the V1 .825 (they tell me). But i would rather wait another 1/2 sec or so and get no false Ka hits any day of they week. The only time i wish the V1 was a bit faster would be when mobile speed camera's are mounted just around a shape corner. For the record ive never had a ticket from them yet the V1 will still give enough warning.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    My dealer tells the bell Bell 995 is one of the fastest. Even faster than the V1 .825 (they tell me). But i would rather wait another 1/2 sec or so and get no false Ka hits any day of they week. The only time i wish the V1 was a bit faster would be when mobile speed camera's are mounted just around a shape corner. For the record ive never had a ticket from them yet the V1 will still give enough warning.
    According the SML shootout, It is the fastest!!! And by the way I have never had a False KA alert......Keep in mind they didn't over load the detectors with a signal
    Quote Originally Posted by SML
    Detector----------Immediacy of Response Time

Bel Vector 995 ----------0.60 second

Bel RX 65----------0.67 second

Whistler ( all models)----------0.73 second

Bel 895----------0.77 second

Passport X50----------0.96 second

Valentine One----------1.01 second

Cobra ( both models)----------1.24 second

PNI Steel Eye----------1.48 second

Radio Shack 3000----------2.34 second

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

V1 Zombie

yes there are some of things the 995 will not do but my dealer really likes the 995 and it looks like its got a nice build too. So you could say the 995 has a good bang for the bucks. It's not the be all and end all but not bad for the money. bottoms up here here
    Ps I wouln't recommend anybody to turn on there Euro mode unless they live in euro land. We have some kind of moblie van gusto ka 34.6 here and euro mode won't help you with S%it here.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    There's another video to that shows a similar thing: V1 vs X50 on K-Band: one of the jammertests videos that Chris did.

http://www.jammertests.com/f/JammerT..._V1X50_POP.wmv

For those that don't know, the video was supposed to be a POP video, however it was later found to not actually be in POP mode, so the video was a quick-trigger instant-on video. (Detals on this here:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=1156)

Jim
    I like the independent test that you can actually witness the results. These big test groups, you wonder how much of a kick back they get for promoting a product. Even though they claim they are unbiased. Seeing is believing! 8)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    yes there are some of things the 995 will not do but my dealer really likes the 995 and it looks like its got a nice build too. So you could say the 995 has a good bang for the bucks. It's not the be all and end all but not bad for the money. bottoms up here here
    Ps I wouln't recommend anybody to turn on there Euro mode unless they live in euro land. We have some kind of moblie van gusto ka 34.6 here and euro mode won't help you with S%it here.
    I could be wrong but Euromode is used to scan spefically for that band of radar.....

995 is a great bang for your buck and is right up with the top 3...minus some features

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96