Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAZE Review

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: WAZE Review

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Perl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars_2002795 View Post
    I myself am getting rather tired of the down vehicle reports. I must get 40 car on shoulder reports per morning. It is a bit much when driving to have to keep hitting thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks. Not to mention dangerous. They should limit it to police, traffic, accidents. Keep it simple like steve jobs. There is a reason for this.

Alpine-
    I changed my Event Radius to 5 miles, that eliminated a lot of the extra reports I did not need to know about. I only see 3 or 4 per morning on my 20 mile drive to work. Maybe there are less people in the Atlanta area?
    I'm also at 5 mile radius also on my 60 mile commute. If I'm bored I'll just thumb ahead.

Just like Trapster you can filter out the alerts you want to see. It helps lower the info load.

Newcomer

I've been using Waze in conjunction with my V1 for almost a year on my commute From D.C. to Dayton every other week. The Highway cops mainly use laser, so Waze has saved my tail more times that I can count. If I had not known they were waiting over a hill or around a corner, I would've been nailed long ago.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeperram View Post
    I've been using Waze in conjunction with my V1 for almost a year on my commute From D.C. to Dayton every other week. The Highway cops mainly use laser, so Waze has saved my tail more times that I can count. If I had not known they were waiting over a hill or around a corner, I would've been nailed long ago.
    Waze has worked wonders for me in the Central Virginia to DC area. Even in the Fredericksburg X-urbs where people are dumb as heck. I notice that people are loading a fair amount of police reports lately which is a pain.

Newcomer

My wife uses WAZE, she thinks each LEO she sees should be entered in. I don't bother unless they are sitting actively watching traffic. Saw 3 parked in the median all dark at 5:30AM last Sunday on the way to work, made sure to mark that one!