Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Advice and Opinions Welcomed

Well Folks this is my 100th post! So lets make it a good one.
    Presently I own a Bel 985. I use the 985 in the States only.
    The 985 has been great but won't detect POP and I hear New State is starting to use POP.
    So I'm thinking of buying a new detector.
    I would use this unit only in the states also on "Road Trips" mostly in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine area.
    What would you folks suggest...... :?:

Thanks

If anyone knows of a unit that detects Outlet Malls...the wife would be delerious.... :roll:

No need to respond Brent......I know your answer.....

Speed Demon

Get a V1 because of the 2 antennas, arrows, and it detects X band the best in New Jersey.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Advice and Opinions Welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    Well Folks this is my 100th post! So lets make it a good one.
    Presently I own a Bel 985. I use the 985 in the States only.
    The 985 has been great but won't detect POP and I hear New State is starting to use POP.
    So I'm thinking of buying a new detector.
    I would use this unit only in the states also on "Road Trips" mostly in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine area.
    What would you folks suggest...... :?:

Thanks

If anyone knows of a unit that detects Outlet Malls...the wife would be delerious.... :roll:

No need to respond Brent......I know your answer.....
    Since you are already used to the BEL, the next logical choices would be the V995 or RX-65.

However Brent's choice of a detector would be great on Road trips, and would probably detect a lot more Outlet Malls too (if they use automatic doors!)

Jim

Founder of Stealthvation

RX65
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Since you are already familiar with the 985, I would suggest the RX65. Tones are the same, operated similar to the 985, just with a little better range, POP detect, and Ku band.

Old Timer

Hm this is a tough choice. If its mainly for road trips go the v1 route, but if its for the combo I would look into the rx65. However the POP on this one falses quite a bit.

My money would be on an rx65 or a valentine.

Manufacturer

Something worth considering perhaps.

If VR was right [and they just may be] during the warmer season, the V1 may just be quieter to false Ka leakage alarms POP or otherwise.

If you are doing a lot of highway driving where you may tend to encounter a greater frequency of this junk, the V1 may very well have an edge in this department.

I have yet to drive in the warmer months with the latest version of each of these detectors and have not driven much with the X50 and RX65 in the "A"uto Scan Mode which apparently cuts down on "falses."

When I go out to SML this June, I am planning on taking the trio again and running a similar drive loop to explore Ka falses and the "A" modes of each of the two other detectors.

I know this doesn't help you now, though.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Power User

Wait for brand "x".

Good Citizen

Default V1

I just went from a Beltronics Vector LR to a V1 1.8 Pop2. It is the best decision I have ever made. The alerts are easy to decipher, and its range is amazing. Local cops here in VA use K band and I pick them up when they are facing perpendicular to the street from a half mile away. VA state troopers using KA band sitting on the on-ramps are detected with 10 seconds to slow down. Driving home to NJ was really interesting, X band detection is phenomenal, and I actually detected laser from an NJ state trooper about .4 miles back after he targeted a car ahead of me.

The adjustment period between these two detectors is almost non-existant. I know you have heard it 10000000 times, but the arrows are great, i could never go back to a "regular" detector. It is so cool knowing where the radar is. get a V1 if you can afford it.

If you want a really great 1.7 unit in excellent condition, Check my ebay auction out...
    <LINK DELETED>

Advanced Member

Default Re: V1

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    I just went from a Beltronics Vector LR to a V1 1.8 Pop2. It is the best decision I have ever made. The alerts are easy to decipher, and its range is amazing. Local cops here in VA use K band and I pick them up when they are facing perpendicular to the street from a half mile away. VA state troopers using KA band sitting on the on-ramps are detected with 10 seconds to slow down. Driving home to NJ was really interesting, X band detection is phenomenal, and I actually detected laser from an NJ state trooper about .4 miles back after he targeted a car ahead of me.

The adjustment period between these two detectors is almost non-existant. I know you have heard it 10000000 times, but the arrows are great, i could never go back to a "regular" detector. It is so cool knowing where the radar is. get a V1 if you can afford it.

If you want a really great 1.7 unit in excellent condition, Check my ebay auction out...
    <LINK DELETED>
    that won't detect POP more that half the time and No advertising personal detectors for sale

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96