Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 3.821 report

Good Citizen

Default V1 3.821 report

:cry: The new Euro mode isn't the all great, all conquering firmware to save you from Multanovas 34.3ghz! Initial testing has it on par with previous models!
    I had hoped for better, but testing will continue............

Manufacturer

Still a great detector, though.

On par with previous models is still pretty great. :wink:

How's K-band?

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

I don't knock the V1, as for the K band we don't have that many K radars, plenty of KA Multanovas. Predominantly photo radar!
    Like I said we still be testing it more.

Advanced Member

Other people have tested the V1 against the Multanove and reported an increased range X 1.5 if the "Ka false alert guard" is turned off in programming. You might experiment with that as well...

Jim

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Other people have tested the V1 against the Multanove and reported an increased range X 1.5 if the "Ka false alert guard" is turned off in programming. You might experiment with that as well...

Jim
    Exactly. With only the photo radar frequency being scanned you should get much earlier warning without falses. IŽll be shipping mine to VR in May.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    I don't knock the V1, as for the K band we don't have that many K radars, plenty of KA Multanovas. Predominantly photo radar!
    Like I said we still be testing it more.
    How about the K-band falses? Have they remained the same?

Experienced

Seven, anything new to report?

Professional

Yeah, how is it?

We have lots of Multanovas here, and from my own testing with an X50 REV5 and V1 (not the latest EUR mode one), the X50 actually warned a bit earlier.

I was really hoping the new V1 EUR detector would be performing at least 2-3x better against Multanovas and photoradar, guess that was a dream

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Yeah, how is it?

We have lots of Multanovas here, and from my own testing with an X50 REV5 and V1 (not the latest EUR mode one), the X50 actually warned a bit earlier.

I was really hoping the new V1 EUR detector would be performing at least 2-3x better against Multanovas and photoradar, guess that was a dream
    Well, in my experience, warning distance increased by over 100 meters on a Ramet AD9 speed camera (34.3 GHz, harder to detect than the Multanova) when switching off the false alarm guard. With the Narrow Ka option falsing should be minimal to nonexistent with superior warning distance.

Professional

Well, hope Seven can come back with some conclusive testing as to whether the "new" EUR V1 is actually better, or only 0.001% better at detecting.

One would assume that with high filtering on V1 normal, and high filtering on the V1 EUR, that the EUR should still perform better than the normal V1, assuming all other settings are identical.

Another worry (unrelated to the above) would be if any police use a radar system that is NOT on 34.3, then we'd all be screwed, since the 34.3 is hard coded into the V1 and you cant, say, change it to 34.8 or whatever.

Actually, I wondered this... why DON'T the detectors allow advanced users to set the frequencies to scan for?! I know exactly what frequencies (+/- 100Mhz) what is being used. Something like the BEL 990i with like 10 frequencies selectable. Why have we gone backwards since then?!