Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default update x50 vs V1 real world experiences

I have been using the v1 and x50 head to head with daily driving for several days now.

The V1 flases quite frequently with laser...3 laser hits on the fwy alone during an hour drive...x50 stayed silent...we were in a rather rural area...no cops ever seen. Maybe from brake lights. During traffic in the city, it really is more common than i thought it would be. It is very very rear that the x50 falses with laser.

So far, I have found that neither detector alarms earlier than the other on a consistant basis. However, the V1 does hold on to alarms for a longer period of time....this is without a doubt.

The V1 continues to false much more frequently than the x50. Even on the fwy this is true.

My wife recently drove on a 200 mile round trip, and she took my Lexus with the two detectors. She really has no interest in these detectors what so ever, and really could care less about what Im doing...LOL. However, she knows how to work them both. Anyways, after she came home, she told me the V1 kept going off throughout the trip, and she ended up turning down the volume "becuase it was annoying". She does not speed really. But I found that interesting that the V1 was annoying due to frequent alarms without any cops ever seen.

I did ask her if she got hit with any cops, and she said on three occasions a cop was in the median, both detectors picked them up about the same time...but the v1 kept alarming after passing them.

Hope this little update helps. I really am looking forward to jammertests testing of the rev 5 x50.

Good Citizen

pemarsh, I may have missed it in the first thread you posted but what version of the V1 are you running?

Good Citizen

I just bought it brand spaking new from valentine about 10 days ago...so i am assuming the most up to date posssible.

Professional

great, most testimony from another guy that uses 2 detectors simultaneously.. when its been documented that this diminishes any objective results. amazing. :roll:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Brent_Vino
    great, most testimony from another guy that uses 2 detectors simultaneously.. when its been documented that this diminishes any objective results. amazing. :roll:
    I don't know what would happen with an x50 and a V1 side by side, but I do know when I tried my v1 and an old Bell Cordless my V1 kept alerting to k-band and at random. as soon as I moved bell out of the car, it stopped doing that.

In addition, the bell seemed to go blind when the V1 was around....

Strange but true.. Brent is right... there DOES seem to be legit interference when 2 detectors are tested at once.

Professional

The reason the V1 holds onto the signal after you pass it is because of the rear antenna.

I find the X50 false alarms MUCH less than the V1. My friend said he became "immune" to the V1 beeps... but i'm not so sure that is a good thing :shock:

Good Citizen

Brent...can you tell me where I can read about the two detector side by side interference--I would love to read up on it.

Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

Well, i'm not brent, but i'm pretty sure this is the page he would give you:
    http://www.valentine1.com/lab/DoItYourself.asp

Radar Fanatic

pemarsh-

One thing that has been noted about the V1 is that it seems to laser false from bright, reflected sunlight. One forum member (happya$$, I think) noticed that his laser falsing went down substantially when moved to a high windshield mount. Seems that the hood reflects too much sunlight into the detectors.