Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Speed Demon

Default Re: Left Lane Lovers : what to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I agree, these low PSLs effectively create mobile road hazards. I remember discussion this with a LEO once, and he agreed that people who drive at 55mph in the inside lane on an expressway are endangering others, but are well within their legal rights.
    Actually, it depends on which state and roads you are driving whether hogging the LL is technically legal. See this link for a good summary of existing laws:

State "keep right" laws
    Thanks. A good link. Unfortunately doesn't help with my states. Can't believe Governor Bush vetoed a keep right bill. I no longer like him.

Banned

As much as I wouldn't want a bill like that vetoed I personally don't base my like or dislike of politicians on small, single issues. Their overall record and underlying political philosophy are more important. Likely he just isn't aware of all the issues and facts with this. Additionally, he has a state with a very high percentage of ederly drivers and there's huge potential of abuse of this law by law enforcement for revenue generation at the expense of older drivers who, after driving for decades, aren't aware of this change and end up being targets. Additionally, there was more to the bill than just the keep right issue.

I'm not saying I agree with his decision (not at all, actually).

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    As much as I wouldn't want a bill like that vetoed I personally don't base my like or dislike of politicians on small, single issues. Their overall record and underlying political philosophy are more important. Likely he just isn't aware of all the issues and facts with this. Additionally, he has a state with a very high percentage of ederly drivers and there's huge potential of abuse of this law by law enforcement for revenue generation at the expense of older drivers who, after driving for decades, aren't aware of this change and end up being targets. Additionally, there was more to the bill than just the keep right issue.

I'm not saying I agree with his decision (not at all, actually).
    Yes I don't agree with the decision, nor the point about the elderly drivers. In fact elderly drivers are the biggest problem on the road after teens. Both groups should recieve more attention to ensure they are worthy of their licenses.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

The man that cares about the Left Lane Losers:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPavN04F0Nk&NR=1]YouTube - State trooper pulling over vehicles[/ame]

Lead Foot

That state trooper deserves a medal!

Good Citizen

YES!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by STiMULi View Post
    The man that cares about the Left Lane Losers:

YouTube - State trooper pulling over vehicles
    When he pulled over that silver Celica, he ignored the 18 wheeler that was driving even slower in the passing lane for no reason. Yeah, I know, he was fishing with a pole and not a net, but still...

Ah, well. At least he's getting some of the LLBs the **** outta the way.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jgunn View Post
    I don't think anyone has mentioned to pass on the right, get in front of them and then drive SLOWER than they were.
    That's because most of us aren't narcissistic, passive-aggressive douchebags looking to get shot or rammed off the road by a bigger douchebag.
    I have remembered this post ever since reading it. I was reminded of it by one of your recent posts about BMW drivers. This observation is deep and very pointed. Ouch. IMHO, this shows some deep understanding of the human psyche. Really something to think about. I have been guilty of this in the past, when driving at PSL, but what is interesting is that now I don't think that way anymore. Now I just do my best to get around them, because I'm not so concerned about being restricted to the PSL.

Radar Fanatic

Left laners oh...............well..............

1. Check mirrors.

2. Check Valentine 1.

3. Check mirrors again.

4. Check blind spots.

Execute a pass,

Repeat 1-3.

A lot of people don't understand what "Slow traffic keeps right means", and they probably never will.