Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Cops think Trapster is illegal (read their thread on it)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanova View Post
    The majority of the people I stop at my "trap" are usually driving without a license and or insurance, have warrants, have dope, are gang bangers, etc. PLIII just makes it easy to go out and make contacts with as many people as possible.
    A heart felt thank you for sweeping that kind of stuff off the streets!
    Last edited by The Chariot; 11-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Pretty decent app. It has the spot I use for 75% of my traffic stops. Wouldn't matter how many people use it though, I'm still going to get a large number of stops... it's just like radar detectors and jammers... the people who have the good ones are so few and far between, it makes no difference to me at all.

Not to mention the people who use these tools are generally not only concerned about themselves, but their safety -- if you're running a speed trap in that location then perhaps it's due to accidents at that location/intersection and who wants to speed in a dangerous area? The person not running countermeasures with no regard for the public or people around him is who you should be citing anyways, so keep up the good work and keep citing the morons speeding in that location.
    The majority of the people I stop at my "trap" are usually driving without a license and or insurance, have warrants, have dope, are gang bangers, etc. PLIII just makes it easy to go out and make contacts with as many people as possible.
    This, I can respect. I respect LEOs who watch out for our safety and aren't just concerned with generating revenue.

Power User

Lol, they think it tracks each of their movements

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Pretty decent app. It has the spot I use for 75% of my traffic stops. Wouldn't matter how many people use it though, I'm still going to get a large number of stops... it's just like radar detectors and jammers... the people who have the good ones are so few and far between, it makes no difference to me at all.

Not to mention the people who use these tools are generally not only concerned about themselves, but their safety -- if you're running a speed trap in that location then perhaps it's due to accidents at that location/intersection and who wants to speed in a dangerous area? The person not running countermeasures with no regard for the public or people around him is who you should be citing anyways, so keep up the good work and keep citing the morons speeding in that location.
    Right on!

I listen to my scanner almost religiously while watching the boob tube at night. So often (almost once a night) I exclaim to my wife (concerning AZ DPS).

"These guys are good!"

I say that because of 2 reasons.

Criminals are usually stupid and do things to attract attention to themselves

and

Good LEOs find these bad guys even when they are not bringing light upon themselves...

So many times I hear things like, "warrants" "(codes for drugs)" "(codes for suspended DL, no insurance)" and so on associated with stops.

I like the fact that there are people out there like you. It makes me feel better. As I have stated before, you have a job to do and we, as generally law abiding citizens, have a job to avoid getting pulled over first and avoid getting a ticket second. I would guess (hope) that you know that not everyone that speeds down the road deserves a ticket but they do deserve your interest.

Thank you for your service.

Radar Fanatic

The original thread is locked so I gave them a new one

Trapster Rocks | Police & Law Enforcement Discussions and Forums - PoliceLink

Power User

Yea, I joined and the link took me to "the vault" Some secret squirrel forum.

I guess they locked the door after the speeders crashed the party

Sorry, I posted in your thread...
    Last edited by srtga; 11-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Power User

I'm so tempted to join that forum.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by STiMULi View Post
    The original thread is locked so I gave them a new one

Trapster Rocks | Police & Law Enforcement Discussions and Forums - PoliceLink
    Can't view this one without being a member.

Radar Fanatic

I would say close this thread as they have locked that last thread down for all as well.

It was great to see the paranoia,

And the stupidity.

Oh well lets see what this does to my HLS background check

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by STiMULi View Post
    I would say close this thread as they have locked that last thread down for all as well.

It was great to see the paranoia,

And the stupidity.

Oh well lets see what this does to my HLS background check
    Speaking of the whole spectrum of stupidity, where would you rate going onto a law enforcement forum and correcting their ignorance, antagonizing them, pestering them, or linking repeatedly to their forum from a countermeasures forum?

Enough with the superhero knowitall act, guy. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor--especially when there's nothing to be gained.

Maybe I'm mischaracterizing what you're up to. After all, enough people have clicked your links that the administrators of that forum made both threads private or locked. I'd hope that might serve as a sort of wake up call to force you to question the motives and likely outcomes from your crusade.