Virginia's probably upset that it didn't make the cut, and will step up speed enforcement accordingly.
North Carolina was also really jealous, and launched Operation Slow Down (to pull in more revenue/ I mean keep the highways safe!)
as far as all the states go on the east coast I agree with this list. MD should have been like #3 though
This doesn't show that the drivers go really fast here in ND. It shows that the cops have nothin' better to do than stop somebody for going 5 over. They get really bored out here in the west.
And in NM, who has ever been on I-25 between Raton and Wagon Mound? That road will put you to sleep if you don't have something fun to do.
That article is incorrectly named.Some states dole out more tickets per capita than others, and DriverSide has worked up a list of the top 10 speediest states according to traffic citations.
There is no direct correlation between the number of speeding tickets that are written and the number of speeders (or their speeds).
A better title would be "Top 10 Police States."
Wyoming is wide open and people do cruise pretty fast there on I-80. I am sure Ohio would be listed if it was ranked as most tickets issued for speeding.
Last edited by Freebird; 04-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.
I think those States should get bullied by the Federal Government. They should have to give a percentage of it back, so that they do not take any more revenue per capita via tickets.
In other words, if Washington D.C. ticketed every resident (jerks) they should be giving over 90% of that back to the people whom they extorted the money from.
I mean, seriously. What a bunch of BS.
Here is the problem I have with it:
1. You are not hurting anyone i.e. You are NOT damaging property nor injuring someone, so you are NOT committing a crime when speeding.
2. The State comes in and extorts money when there was no crime committed. This is criminal; I believe the proper word is "theft." Heck, drive too fast down an open desert road and they might even impound your car for 30 days and do it without a court order! This is totally unconstitutional, yet they steal cars. Where I come from that is "Grand Theft Auto."
3. They BS it under the false pretense of "Public Safety," and the general public is stupid to the point they go along with it honestly believing that fluff. Heck, peole are stupid to the point they get a call from the police and voluntarily donate money if asked.
4. The police marketing campaign calls me and asks for money all the time. Please support the community by donating... I just tell them I do not donate to criminals; I only give money to help people out.
5. People are too stupid to realize the best criminals are scam artists operating in disguise. They hold a badge and gun. They can steal from you and make you feel good about it! I.e. They have "Blue Light Specials" like Walmart and they are Rolling Back Prices, too! Only thing is the customer service department sucks. They don't give refunds, either! i.e. You see the blue-lights in your mirror and pull over to be greeted by the Meter Maid for Moving Violations who says, "I have to give you a speeding ticket because they expect us to write you for what we pull you over for. I will reduce it as a personal favor." Ding-Ding-Ding a Blue-Light Special Rolling Back Prices!
Here is the definition of theaft:
1 a : the act of stealing; specifically : the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it b : an unlawful taking (as by embezzlement or burglary) of property
If the State were a person, he or she would be serving time in Jail for the crimes committed: extortion, assault, money laundering, theft...
Last edited by NETWizz; 04-08-2010 at 04:30 PM.