Professional

Default 3 more madness close calls..

First, I'm sorry that I still haven't been able to edit my videos for length and captions. I loaded Windows Movie Maker on my home computer, yet it freezes when I try to make any changes to a video. I'm still working on editing the videos so that they come out professional.

Second, I'm sick and tired of these retarded **** ***** on the road that always yak on their cell phone while going 65 in a 70 in the fast lane of an open highway and then nearly cause an accident when they change lanes right into me.... Now that its off my chest... To the videos... =)

------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to about 1:20, video is over at about 1:35.

This guy just wasn't paying attention at all. He wasn't even going to get into the fast lane, just let his car slip into it before he got off the highway.

Fast forward to about 0:40. Watch the silver SUV in the left lane - if you pause the video at about 0:51 or 0:52 you can see him start to go into the middle lane. I was watching him in the corner of my eye, and at the time, I could barely see him. Glad I was paying attention...

Fast forward to about 2:55. This time it wasn't me, but two other idiots. The guy in the big pickup truck looked a little inexperienced and the other was an idiot for not being more cautious - after all, the guy in the pickup truck was signaling his intent. :P Stupidity ends at 3:30.

Last edited by Oyusan; 10-06-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 3 more madness close calls..

jeez.. and i thought i had a lead foot..

Professional

to be fair, in the 2nd video, that one was technically your fault...

you came over in his blind spot and diving across lanes....

other then that, yup same crap I deal with on a day to day basis....

snoopyc4

Video #2 is a classic. I've had that happen to me many times. In that scenario, I've realized the best way to go is to simply slow down and proceed with caution for two reasons:

A) Half the time, the other guy that is going for the lane that you are trying to go for isn't even looking.

B) Even if you dive into the lane before the driver does, there is a chance he could switch into the lane and clip your back end if he is busy looking at his blind spot. I nearly had this happen to me when a lady in a Honda Civic who was trying to get around a slowpoke in her lane. While she was looking into her blind spot to switch, I had already sped into the lane she was trying to get into and scared the sh*t out of her when she tried to switch lanes ( she must've thought my vehicle came out of nowhere).

Experienced

Brakes are good haha; sweet music in the first 2 vids, whats the song?
    Those first 2 look like how I drive and in the second the lady was signaling.

The first one the dude did what I do if someone sits there with their turn signal for awhile they usually dont know what theyre doing or are impaired so I try and get in front of em.

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
    jeez.. and i thought i had a lead foot..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector_15504 View Post
    to be fair, in the 2nd video, that one was technically your fault...

you came over in his blind spot and diving across lanes....
    That's basically the same thing that happened in this video at 2:40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtT_Tu7FfQ&feature=player_embedded#!

You'd be terrified if you saw how most drivers have their mirrors set up. They think the rearview is for watching their bratty ass children puke all over their cars, and then aim the side mirrors too far in so they can still see directly to the rear. They cannot see you there at all, and that this keeps happening to you should prove it.

I mean damn, I like to speed too, but I try to be mindful of whether everyone else can see me and give them a few seconds to realize I'm there.

Reminds me of a relevant saying I've seen regarding aviation, "A superior pilot is one who stays out of trouble by using his superior judgment to avoid situations which might require the use of his superior skill." Quick reflexes and good car control are nice, but shouldn't be a daily requirement.

Power User

I deal with all of that crap as well, I HATE it. But the thing is that over here, the other drivers WANT you to hit them. My friend told me that a few times when he was hauling ass people purposefully went into his lane so he can smack them and collect money. FFFUUUUUU

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Blah this stuff is what I have to deal with everyday. I couldn't go as fast on my roads even if I wanted to due to all the constant traffic jams + bad drivers.

Experienced

By the way the pickup was driving in the last one I would have guessed he had had one too many. And your videos are always so clear, they look great!
    Last edited by Cloud_9; 10-12-2010 at 09:08 AM.