Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional

Default Re: Idiot blows through a red light (video)

Quote Originally Posted by mfcool45 View Post
    sad part about it is that these jerks wont learn until they T-bone someone
    or even worse kill another driver
    As sad as it is this is completely true. People who are not aware that they blow through red lights should not be on the road. People who intentionally do it are even worse and those a-holes should surely lose their license and in many cases go to jail. They never think that just because they didn't hit someone blowing through a red light doesn't mean some poor person with kids in the car had to veer and got hit head on by another driver...neither whom did anything wrong...while the perpetrator speeds off.

I hate even more so people who think that a radar detector enables them to drive like a complete f&$%ing maniac....it's dangerous and it gives all of us a bad name.

Newcomer

I'm sorry, but that chick sounded "stoned" as all get out. Better hide the dope.

Radar Fanatic

I was once told that waiting 2 seconds after the light changes to green can save your life. I tend to follow that rule of thumb and it looks like it would have worked very well in this situation.

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteadySpeedin View Post
    I was once told that waiting 2 seconds after the light changes to green can save your life. I tend to follow that rule of thumb and it looks like it would have worked very well in this situation.
    I like to try to look and actually make sure that everyone is stopped or decelerating. If I can't see, I'm not very comfortable and probably end up waiting at least two seconds anyway.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteadySpeedin View Post
    I like to try to look and actually make sure that everyone is stopped or decelerating. If I can't see, I'm not very comfortable and probably end up waiting at least two seconds anyway.
    I'm right with you. We have a lot of a-holes and a lot of trains in this area and I do the same thing before going over the traintracks, as obviously all equipment can malfunction and the impact area from one running a redlight or a train is in one of the more vulnerable areas of a car, especially older ones without advanced safety features. I've only ever seen the railroad crossing fail once, but that's all it takes for disaster.