Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Durango cuts me off twice.

First one doesn't look so bad b/c I was following the car in front of me at a safe distance. But you can see how fast I come up on him, even after applying my brakes. I could have been more patient and waited for him to move, but I was running late to work. Regardless, this guy did not check his blind spot after he already cut me off the first time. Watch in 720.
    Last edited by SaltyinNJ; 05-15-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default Re: Durango cuts me off twice.

totally oblivious

Radar Fanatic

I'm always very hesitant when attempting to pass a person hogging the left lane. It's ridiculous -- the idiots will hog the lane for 10 minutes for no reason, but right when you get the opportunity to pass, they seem to want to come over and cut you off; I swear, it almost seems as if many do it on purpose.

Experienced

The thing I've noticed a lot lately is when the left lane hog just wont move and you have tto wait for other traffic to pass on the right... when you finally pass the left lane hog speeds up to match your speed. I don't get it. They are going 10 under blocking traffic then you pass them and they accelerate go 15 over. I'd like to say what kind of person its been in all of these situations I've run in to but I don't want to sound racist so you can guess.

Also left lane hogs go slow when you have no shot at passing on the right then they speed up just enough when you could have passed on the right only to slow back down again.

Did that driver get the horn or flashing lights?
    Last edited by The Stigs Cousin; 05-14-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Radar Fanatic

In my younger days I'd be on the right side of the truck and gone.

You can see the head in the passenger seat and know he is catch allot of lip as he never used his turn signals.

Good music!

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Stigs Cousin View Post
    The thing I've noticed a lot lately is when the left lane hog just wont move and you have tto wait for other traffic to pass on the right... when you finally pass the left lane hog speeds up to match your speed. I don't get it. They are going 10 under blocking traffic then you pass them and they accelerate go 15 over. I'd like to say what kind of person its been in all of these situations I've run in to but I don't want to sound racist so you can guess.

Also left lane hogs go slow when you have no shot at passing on the right then they speed up just enough when you could have passed on the right only to slow back down again.

Did that driver get the horn or flashing lights?
    I think some people are just afraid of any difference in speed between themselves and other vehicles. They feel safest when they're right beside someone and no one is passing them, even though that's quite a hazardous situation to be in.

I think that's why some people take 3 miles to pass, and then once they finally finish and move right, they accelerate to match your speed... It makes no sense if you think about it, but these people just don't think.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    In my younger days I'd be on the right side of the truck and gone.
    That's exactly what I would've done. Durango driver was just an idiot.

Radar Fanatic

I don't see a video.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    I don't see a video.
    It was just a typical idiot driver. If you're anything like me, I'm sure you see enough of them for your liking in real life.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    I don't see a video.
    It was just a typical idiot driver. If you're anything like me, I'm sure you see enough of them for your liking in real life.
    Haha, thanks!

I had a strange one today. Two people on a two lane road driving side by side and holding everyone up.
    Last edited by Weeth; 05-14-2011 at 11:47 PM.