Lead Foot

Default motorcycle driver

okay, so i was on my way to work. was about 6am and dark. almost hit this motorcycle driver. i was turning at the traffic lights and about to switch lanes to get on the ramp for the highway. i see this motocycle turning behind me. he was obviously trying to pass all the cars and get over the same lane as i was. well, there was a corvette in the other lane, obviously he accelerate hard and my mini is no match for him, so i just let him pass and get behind him. may i add, i was not speeding or driving wreckless. well, then when i was changing lane so i can get on the ramp, suddenly i hear a honk and the motorcycle was right on my A**, obviously i did not see him from the blindspot and he was speeding really fast to get on the ramp as well. so when i was behind him on the ramp, he would driving really slow so i couldnt pass him. he was obviously pissed off bc i almost hit him. he had his arms all over the air and yelling and throwing a fit. so i zip around and cut him off. usually i do not do this kind of stupid things. but that guy was outrageous. made a effort to enforce his point. if it were totally my fault, i wouldnt mind eating it up. but come on, he was driving wreckless and expect everything to come his way? if we were at the light, i would have got out and give him a piece of my mind. sometimes i think motorcycle drivers thinks they own the road. no offense to any motorcycle owners.

Professional

Default Re: motorcycle driver

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Good Citizen

Always walk away. In this case wave and keep on going. Is it worth getting your door kicked in or worse? Even if you can kick his ass, you will look pretty stupid in court when he sues and you lose.

What “racers” don’t realize is that in a 45mph zone your eyes are tuned to see certain things. If some idiot runs 80mph, you may not realize the time difference till it is too late.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by johndetroit View Post
    What “racers” don’t realize is that in a 45mph zone your eyes are tuned to see certain things. If some idiot runs 80mph, you may not realize the time difference till it is too late.
    You mean real racers or wannabe racers? Just curious.

Good Citizen

Let’s say those who exceed the speed limit dramatically. For example if I do 50MPH down a side street as it is smooth, wide and no traffic. A car pulls in front of me as he is expecting traffic to be traveling at 30MPH. He is assuming I will not run over him at 30MPH or he will be surprised to see me brake and be right on his bumper as he completes his turn. Unfortunately a majority of drivers do not look more than once at traffic in both directions. They just briefly glance, assume they have the right-of-way and turn.

Lead Foot

well, you have to understand its dark, and he is in a motorcyle. small to see. i admit, maybe i should have turn my head around but not every time and you know how fast motorcycle can pick up speed and within sec or two he is far from your view. not sayin i am right but i am not totally wrong either. like i said, i usually brush this kind of stuff off.. but sometimes people this days make you lose control.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by mahjong007 View Post
    well, you have to understand its dark, and he is in a motorcyle. small to see. i admit, maybe i should have turn my head around but not every time and you know how fast motorcycle can pick up speed and within sec or two he is far from your view. not sayin i am right but i am not totally wrong either. like i said, i usually brush this kind of stuff off.. but sometimes people this days make you lose control.
    A motorcycle driver should drive defensively and try do do what he can to be visible. He should assume that other drivers are unpredictable and can swerve into his path at any time.

I sympathize with you, but thank God you did not hit him.

Good Citizen

Then he was wreckful, and not wreckless.