Lead Foot
    dfw, tx

Default lidar ticket with 3000ft.

okay, a supervisor from another dept at my workplace told me he got a ticket from a leo @ 82/65mph @ 2900ft. from a lidar gun in south dallas. it was written in the ticket. he went to court. the judge offer him a deal @ $75 off with probation judification. so my question is, wouldnt that distance be a case for dismissal? just out of curious..

Peoples Republic of NY

Default Re: lidar ticket with 3000ft.

Anything goes in a kangaroo court.

Mobile Installer
    East Coast (USA)

If the case is done then that sucks.if he still can fight it pm me and I'll send you some info to throw at the judge.

Safe driving
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Speed Demon
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts, United States

it depends what gun the leo's were using. some guns only have a suggested use of 2000 feet and under in the manual. if that was his case, he could easily of gotten it thrown out because it could be a user error.