Good Citizen

Default correctable violation CA

Man it has been a while since i havent been on hear but i wanted to get some feedback and thoughts on an issue. So I recieved a correctable violation back in july for not having my seatbelts in working order and not having insurance on me. I corrected the violations and submitted proof. I forgot to send in the $50 bucks. I recieved a letter in september stating the fee was do but they did recieve the corrections. I sent the check, and now the court sent me a letter nov 25, 2011 stating i was found guilty and now owe the court $900 bucks. I called the court and they said they never recieved the money and for that now i owe $900. I dont see the check clearing my account and maybe it got lost in the mail i dont know but i asked to speak to the judge and they said i couldnt since this is a closed case. This doesnt sound correct I spoke to a senior clerk she said she would look into this issue but suggested i pay the $900 I told her that was not an option since this was corrected. Is there any law tactic i can use to appeal this? I thought about writting a letter to the judge. Let me know what you guys think...

Newcomer

Default Re: correctable violation CA

Get your car registered out of california when you can. In one of the nearby states. This is for future reference of course. California is notorious for this kind of shake down.

Professional

Default Re: correctable violation CA

Quote Originally Posted by hshark View Post
    Man it has been a while since i havent been on hear but i wanted to get some feedback and thoughts on an issue. So I recieved a correctable violation back in july for not having my seatbelts in working order and not having insurance on me. I corrected the violations and submitted proof. I forgot to send in the $50 bucks. I recieved a letter in september stating the fee was do but they did recieve the corrections. I sent the check, and now the court sent me a letter nov 25, 2011 stating i was found guilty and now owe the court $900 bucks. I called the court and they said they never recieved the money and for that now i owe $900. I dont see the check clearing my account and maybe it got lost in the mail i dont know but i asked to speak to the judge and they said i couldnt since this is a closed case. This doesnt sound correct I spoke to a senior clerk she said she would look into this issue but suggested i pay the $900 I told her that was not an option since this was corrected. Is there any law tactic i can use to appeal this? I thought about writting a letter to the judge. Let me know what you guys think...
    Go to the court in person and do your best to clear things up. The courts here in CA mess and mix things up on a regular basis. After I won my trial by declaration, they sent my refund check out to a completely incorrect address. After calling them, they claimed they had the right address and that my check was in the mail - thus their part is done. Long story short, my brother happened to be moving and put in a change of address for himself at the post office. The post office received my check with the incorrect address and sent it to my brother... who was nice enough to bring it to me. Lucky for the post office change of address on my brothers part, or i would have never received my check from California.