Speed Demon

Default Does LEO give second chance if you slow down after first LIDAR hit?

I was in a hurry to the airport and drove in the fast lane at ~78mph (70 PSL) because some idiots were blocking the slower lanes. My V1 alerted me that I got hit by LIDAR with the LEO in the median at ~2000 ft in front. So I slammed on the brake and brought the speed down to 66mph. I thought I was going to get pulled but nothing happened. Does LEO give second chance if you immediately slow down after the first hit?

Speed Demon

Default Re: Does LEO give second chance if you slow down after first LIDAR hit?

Did the LEO have an amazing morning before starting his shift? Or did his wife hand him divorce papers just as he was leaving for work?

I'm not aware of any laws or obligations of LEOs to give 2nd chances based upon anybody slowing down (or really based upon anythihg). A LEO can write you up a speeding ticket for PSL +1mph.

But as LEO's are people like the rest of us, I'd say it go back to the state of the LEO.

Top 10 Reasons LEO didn't serve on lordhawhaw

10. LEO locked speed, but then suddenly dropped his lunch in his lap and had to clean it up
    9. LEO locked the speed, but remembered the spirit of Christmas from some years ago when a stranger did something nice for him
    8. LEO was going to pull lordhawhaw over, but patrol car wouldn't start
    7. LEO was in a spankin'-good mood having just saved 15% or more on his car insurance
    6. LEO was just trying out his brand new ProLaser IV by pressing all the buttons, but doesn't actually know how to use it yet.
    5. LEO was interrupted by dispatcher calling him to say they needed his fantasy baseball picks asap
    4. Hot blonde walked up to squad car needing immediate assistance at just that moment.
    3. LEO wasn't in the car at the moment dealing with other things while a ride-along citizen was playing with the LIDAR.
    2. PSL +8mph? Bah...LEO decided to wait for bigger fish
    1. lordhawhaw reminded LEO of LEO's mother-in-law and LEO couldn't stomach seeing her again

Good Citizen

PSL +8 is usually not a big deal.. +12-+15 is when you get the hammer.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by zr1 View Post

Top 10 Reasons LEO didn't serve on lordhawhaw

8. LEO was going to pull lordhawhaw over, but patrol car wouldn't start

2. PSL +8mph? Bah...LEO decided to wait for bigger fish
    Can he pull me over half an hour later if he recognizes my car? I was traveling in the opposite direction on my way back. He was still there at the same spot but monitoring my direction of travel.

Doesn't a small fish still add to his quota?

Lead Foot

You were probably riding the line and I bet you he just wanted to know if you were going to speed up. 95% chances that's what he was doing.