Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ways, other than counter-measures, to protect yourself against a ticket.

Does anyone use trapster? Is waze better?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Ways, other than counter-measures, to protect yourself against a ticket.

I tried Trapster for a little while but then I came across Waze. Waze does it all from GPS navigation and reporting LEOs, traffic congestion, hazards on the road, gas prices, and every other thing the YP Mobile app can do as far are giving you info about local business around you. I would definitely recommend adding the app to your phone.

I have a question about this. I am driving a white or silver Camry. At night I am passing some cars, maybe I am even in the right lane because they are have apparently purchased the left lane for themselves, and some instant-on gets me at 89 in a 70. How does the LEO know which vehicle just flashed past him at 90 mph?

I ask because I am curious in general - but also because I notice much less radar speed enforcement going on at night.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by lordhawhaw View Post
    Don't speed at night. I/O at night can be very deadly.

What is Waze?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeperram View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    Waze.com would of probably of notified of cop in construction zone.
    The Waze app has been very useful for my long commutes. Very seldom is a LEO not identified on my interstate routes.

When I drive fast I act exactly as though I were driving on a race track. No music, no cell phone, no distractions. I am 100% focused on my driving. Well; except for the radar detector's output. <g> I find that listening to music and so forth makes me just a hair slower reacting and that's not for me.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by zr1 View Post
    I've found that one key ingredient for me to avoid tickets is to remove the following from my MP3 player:

* Shoot to Thrill-Thunderstruck-et al from AC/DC
    * I Can't Drive 55 (got my last ticket because of this one)
    * NFS3 soundtrack
    * several others

So if you see a red sportbike go by with the Captain & Tennille's Muskrat Love playing...you'll know that there's no need to even bother shooting radar at it...it'll be well under the PSL.
    However, if you hear Loverboy's Notorious..don't even bother chasing if you're not in a Murcielago squad car...just pick up the radio mic.

Manufacturer

Waze is a crowdsourcing smartphone app the was recently purchased by Google for an amount in excess of $1B. It is a terrific app that alerts you to the presence of LEOs plus it has a full GPS nav ability.

A must use app for any serious performance driver.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook