Exclamation Connecticut 41 in a 25 BUT posted 30...HELP!

So I got pulled over the other day on a back road in my hometown. Officer said they were getting complaints of people driving too fast. Anyways, I was clocked going 41mph in what the officer said posted 25mph. Later in the day, I drove up and down the road both ways and the POSTED SPEED LIMIT IS 30mph.

Is this grounds to get the ticket thrown out? What should I do here? I know a lot of the police officers in town and I'm thinking about going down to the police station and talking to a supervisor about it. I feel like if I plead not guilty and go to court the prosecutor is not going to be able to help me because they don't know the road.

Advice?

Experienced

Default Re: Connecticut 41 in a 25 BUT posted 30...HELP!

I think your point is that no officer has the right to change the posted speed limit at will. If so, I agree and IF you were doing 30 in that posted 30 zone, yes, I would fight it. But you stated you were clocked at 41 - still 11 mph over the actual posted speed limit. So I doubt the ticket would be thrown out...unless you can prove the officer's radar gun was out of calibration, not used properly, etc.

Advanced Member

Also, never omit that you were speeding, not even 1 mph over, automatic guilty! If the ticket states that the speed limit is 25 and the Leo screwed-up, get some legal advice for that error could get the ticket thrown out. Call and ask questions on your options, driving school for example, for you may get the judge to reduce the ticket. Legal advice is always the best route......

Old Timer

If he stated the speed limit was 25mph and put that on the ticket and the real speed limit on that section of road is 30mph, you can get that tossed out on a technicality.

Speed Demon

advice? next time use your cell phone camera to photograph the violation and area and get the police car in the picture asap. Then go back and video the road to show the speed sign that are posted?

Best I can do.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    If he stated the speed limit was 25mph and put that on the ticket and the real speed limit on that section of road is 30mph, you can get that tossed out on a technicality.
    I would doubt it. It's not the speed limit error LEO made that was written in the ticket but it's how much speed the driver was clock over the actual speed limit.
    Last edited by KnightHawk; 11-11-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: added more info

Speed Demon

Ask for a discovery.