Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Band & X50

Default X Band & X50

Hello everyone,

I've heard and read many people on here saying that the X band for the X50 sucks compared to that of the RX65. I'm wondering how can that be since they are pretty much the same unit? And for those that have the X50, could you share your experiences with X band and how well it detected it and whether or not it was accurate or not.

Thanks,

Lead Foot

Default Re: X Band & X50

Quote Originally Posted by tech_geek
    Hello everyone,

I've heard and read many people on here saying that the X band for the X50 sucks compared to that of the RX65. I'm wondering how can that be since they are pretty much the same unit? And for those that have the X50, could you share your experiences with X band and how well it detected it and whether or not it was accurate or not.

Thanks,
    To tell you the truth i've turned off X-Band on mine. I run City w/ NO X and then if I take a long trip i'll just turn it on highway. For the 5 months I've owned it i've never had an encounter with X-Band. If I were to have an encounter though, i'm 100% sure that it would give me plenty of time to slow down.

~Lee

Default RE:

Thanks for the reply leapoffaith!!!

Old Timer

I am lucky enought o have a city right next to me that uses X band. I get about a 10 second warning on X band in automode, and about a 15 second warning on highway mode at 60 MPH

I really dont understand why people dog the x50's xband range either. In roys tests it appears to be great with a 10 mile range.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    To tell you the truth i've turned off X-Band on mine. I run City w/ NO X and then if I take a long trip i'll just turn it on highway. For the 5 months I've owned it i've never had an encounter with X-Band. If I were to have an encounter though, i'm 100% sure that it would give me plenty of time to slow down.
    1. X-band is off
    2. Never have an encounter (if it's off, of course you won't know if you have an encounter )

I'm following you so far, but then you lost me:
    3. i'm 100% sure it would give me plenty of time to slow down (not if it's off!)

:shock:

i think i know what you're saying though! :wink:

if it were me, I'd leave it on. Buddy of mine got hit with x-band and got a mile or so warning (here in Baltimore, which reportedly didn't use x-band) on the highway. you're right, that's plenty of warning.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I am lucky enought o have a city right next to me that uses X band. I get about a 10 second warning on X band in automode, and about a 15 second warning on highway mode at 60 MPH
    that's why I refuse to use auto mode.... maybe in the city but definitely not highway. the risk of reduced alert is not worth it.

is that 15 seconds an average or a long? friend of mine was saying he got a mile warning but knowing him it was a quarter mile

I really dont understand why people dog the x50's xband range either. In roys tests it appears to be great with a 10 mile range.
    thanks for the input, sethy. always good to have a voice of reason. nice to have someone like yourself who has both a V1 and X50 to give the straight scoop.

Old Timer

THaTS whAt MaKeS mE SpeCIaL!! :roll: :roll:

haha, that 15 seconds is an averge. My long with the x50 has been about a minute.

Speed Demon

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by robert
    Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    1. X-band is off
    2. Never have an encounter (if it's off, of course you won't know if you have an encounter )

I'm following you so far, but then you lost me:
    3. i'm 100% sure it would give me plenty of time to slow down (not if it's off!)

:shock:

I think i know what you're saying though! :wink:

if it were me, I'd leave it on. Buddy of mine got hit with x-band and got a mile or so warning (here in Baltimore, which reportedly didn't use x-band) on the highway. you're right, that's plenty of warning.

If this had a face with the tounge sticking out you would get it right now :-p

Speed Demon

:P