Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default X50, don't ignore the Self Cal messages

Roy being the great guy that he is replaced my dying X50 about a week ago. It was still under warranty. I would never expect something for nothing.

Well in any case it was getting a lot of the self cal messages and finally said service needed.

Let me tell yah, the new unit is FAR more sensitive then the old one was. It picks up PR and such at a much greater distance.

So the moral of the story is, if it's freaking out and under warranty..get it replaced. Just don't drive Roy nuts

Radar Fanatic

What were the versions? Old and new.
    Was it version 5 on both?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    What were the versions? Old and new.
    Was it version 5 on both?
    Well both were/are the 8500 X50. Now if it has a sub version, that I don't know.

Radar Fanatic

(in)Sanity, You can find out, power off, press and hold the city,dim,mute buttons while turning the power on it will display your version.
    Everyone confirms that version 5 is the latest.
    Be advised that all of your presets will be erased.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    (in)Sanity, You can find out, power off, press and hold the city,dim,mute buttons while turning the power on it will display your version.
    Everyone confirms that version 5 is the latest.
    Be advised that all of your presets will be erased.
    When I find a moment I'll check it out. I of course don't have the old one anymore.....so.

In any event this one is much better.

Speed Demon

Default Re: X50, don't ignore the Self Cal messages

Quote Originally Posted by (in)Sanity
    Roy being the great guy that he is replaced my dying X50 about a week ago. It was still under warranty. I would never expect something for nothing.

Well in any case it was getting a lot of the self cal messages and finally said service needed.

Let me tell yah, the new unit is FAR more sensitive then the old one was. It picks up PR and such at a much greater distance.

So the moral of the story is, if it's freaking out and under warranty..get it replaced. Just don't drive Roy nuts
    Hm I got the same message once. My friend had his cellphone jammer on and SelfCal came up. I quickly turned my passport off and rebooted.

I havent had any problems since. When did the service message appear? Months? Weeks? later?

Experienced

I havent had any problems since. When did the service message appear? Months? Weeks? later?
    I got about 5 self cal messages before the service message. It was about a month or so later. The detector still worked...just not as good as this new one does.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by (in)Sanity
    I got about 5 self cal messages before the service message. It was about a month or so later. The detector still worked...just not as good as this new one does.
    Hm well i havent had anymore messages. So hopefully I didnt screw things up. I was pissed at the time. My friend was cool I have seen that before. :roll: Boy did I want to kick him in the nutz!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: X50, don't ignore the Self Cal messages

Quote Originally Posted by raresvx
    Hm I got the same message once. My friend had his cellphone jammer on and SelfCal came up. I quickly turned my passport off and rebooted.
    Cellphone jammer? :shock:

Scratonicity Groupie

what the hell does he work for the CIA or something?? haha if so get me one of those so if someone answers there phone and starts talking during Star Wars EP III, or any other movie I'm enjoying I'll just cut them off!! YESSSS

back on subject.

my friends regular 8500 has been self calbriating for over a year hahaha and he's like meh it'll fix its self. I'd so its pretty much shot at this point!

staton