Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default I WANT THE ARROWS!!

I know, I know, I'm a newbie and I'm sure this has already been discussed ad nauseum. I am actually very happy with my X50 so far. The one thing that is irritating is when I get a Ka band signal that I am pretty sure is not a false but I don't know where to look to find the LEO.

It happened not ten minutes ago. I never saw the LEO. I wasn't speeding, so it didn't matter, but still...there is just a feeling of satifaction having your RD alert you to a LEO before you see him...and then eventually seeing him (or her).

Rant over.

Radar Fanatic

Well the arrows arent perfect especially in cities where radar bounces all over the place. Highways are a different matter. Where I live, pretty much everything is rural so the arrows are a definite advantage. It would be maddening to hear an alert and not even begin to know where to look.

Good Citizen

I have a feeling they'd be pretty effective here. I live in a suburban-type city that is very flat and has very few tall buildings for radar to bounce off of.

I never cared about arrows the last time I had a RD (over ten years ago). But with Instant-On and Ka MUCH more prevalent than in the past, things sure have changed. The more information, the better.

That said, I'm not trading up. I'm happy. But if after buying a jammer I STILL have an extra $150 burnin' a hole in my pocket, I might think about it. :wink:

Good Citizen

It's called a "Radar Locator." That's the V1.

Professional

I keep the V1 in one car and the X50 in the other. Boy, do I miss the arrows and the indication of where the LEO is while riding with the X50. It bothers me more with the passing of time...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nomore55
    I keep the V1 in one car and the X50 in the other. Boy, do I miss the arrows and the indication of where the LEO is while riding with the X50. It bothers me more with the passing of time...
    I can appreciate that.

Experienced

The arrows do not always help you with those unseen sources half the ka falses that I get do not J out and I am sitting there going the speed limit until I think that it was not a cop with instant on. The V1 just seems to pick up more detectors than my X-50. For instance, I threw my X-50 in my brother’s car and we traveled about 100 miles round trip and the V1 alerted to Ka twice witch was a false source or a cop on a side street, but both times the arrows pointed ahead. After each alert, I would call my brother to see if he had gotten the same alert and he did not.
    The V1 is nice when you have a long alert, are on the highway and you do not know if the cop is traveling in front of you or behind you with the flow of traffic. I found myself very aggravated in this situation a couple of times on long road trips with my X-50. I like both the detectors, as they are both top notch. I love having the arrows on long road trips, but I find myself using the X-50 on local trips.

Power User

after a while you get used to it and you can usually figure out where he/she is with time and experience.......I can and 90% of the time im right, according to most that about the succes ratio of the V1's arrows (Maybe 95%)

Newcomer

i can def relate.. i love my 8500 but i almost bought a v1.7 just becuase the arrows... but when i comes down to it the idea of an RD is when you hear an alert , slow down ! n that wether it in front of you next to you or behind you.. doesnt really matter. the arrows are just a cooler toy lol

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by inmahyt
    i can def relate.. i love my 8500 but i almost bought a v1.7 just becuase the arrows... but when i comes down to it the idea of an RD is when you hear an alert , slow down ! n that wether it in front of you next to you or behind you.. doesnt really matter. the arrows are just a cooler toy lol
    exactly........ if its strong enough, and if I know FOR SURE its not a false, ill slow down regardless, whether Front, Rear or Side the arrows are simply Bragging Rights, nothing more, (OK they might come in handy once in a blue moon)