Lead Foot

Default awesome instant on KA detection :)

so... i know i posted a little concern yesterday about my x50, but my RD proved faithful this morning when it detected a state trooper's deadly instant on KA from two miles away- OVER a hill. i knew exactly where he was hiding too, a popular speed trap just over the hill; i had slowed to 5 mph over PSL but the LEO had already gotten some unlucky person without an RD

ah, i love getting reminders why i invested my hard earned money into this.

Power User

Instant on while in the middle of a stop?????????

if anything it would be constant or off...so I think anyway

but good range none the less

Newcomer

no, hes saying that when he was 2 miles down the road, he got a brief blip of KA, and when he finally passed the cop, he saw someone was pulled over. i got that a couple of times with my old X50 and my new V1; i was on the dallas tollway, and i see this BMW pass me at about 15 over the psl, about 10 minutes later i get a brief hit of KA, and i just KNEW it was the BMW being pulled over. i called it, it was him

hey wesley can you tell me what happened to your detector? Stolen that really sucks hide the valentine! i would pm you but not everyone reads the private messages

Lead Foot

i was saying he had gotten someone else with his instant on by the time i got over the hill. like he hadn't even gotten out of his car yet.

Radar Fanatic

I got nailed by Instant KA Last night by a Charlotte, NC State Trooper. It was around 12:30 am and he was sitting under a bridge on 85 North with his lights completely off. I was the only car on the road and all of a sudden KA just blasted. I looked around and there he was hiding under the bridge. He was set up with his rear facing oncoming traffic and shooting his rear radar. I was going 3 or 4 over at the time so I was lucky. He had a great spot picked out, I'm sure he nailed someone soon after I passed.