Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Window Tint / Engine causes x50 LASER Falsing?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I was unable to produce results when searching recently.

I have FormulaONE 5% window tint on my car, its their premium line so it has a little bit of metallics in it to cause the tint to have sort of a gloss coat to it.

My question is this. Everytime I go to speed up on a freeway onramp it triggers a LASER alert.

I'm wondering if this has to do with my window tint, my engine, or my x50 unit possibly going bad? I have not recieved any service messages as of yet.

Any ideas? I thought it might be my tint, but it only occurs when I'm attempting to get on freeway onramps, when my car's engine is reving to get up to speed.

Speed Demon

I've heard other reports of the laser false on hard accelerations. I'm not sure what it means, but obviously you're not the only one.

Power User

Ive heard that acceleration can cause Laser falses, if your car has a "noisy" Electrical system...........are you Hardwired???????

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    Ive heard that acceleration can cause Laser falses, if your car has a "noisy" Electrical system...........are you Hardwired???????
    No, not hardwired yet.

Speed Demon

I think if I can remember well when you accelerate hard the car sends more electricity or something like that but it is on hardwire RDs normally that get the false.

Try it on another car and see what happens.

The metallic tints have nothing to do with the falsing all they do is reduce radar and laser reception on your Rd if it is in front of it.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by venexoz
    I think if I can remember well when you accelerate hard the car sends more electricity or something like that but it is on hardwire RDs normally that get the false.

The metallic tints have nothing to do with the falsing all they do is reduce radar and laser reception on your Rd if it is in front of it.
    I didn't think the tint had anything to do with the laser alerts but it didn't hurt to ask.

I'll try it on a different car, if it falses as well then it must be the unit, in that case i'm going to buy a new one, probably the blue led one

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by N3T_K1LLA
    Quote Originally Posted by venexoz

I didn't think the tint had anything to do with the laser alerts but it didn't hurt to ask.

I'll try it on a different car, if it falses as well then it must be the unit, in that case i'm going to buy a new one, probably the blue led one
    Yeah if anything metalic tints will cause LESS laser alerts................as for the other thing I think it might have something to do with the alternator...maybe, becuse higher engine speeds (RPMs) means hore juice out of it, thus creating more noise..I hear the alternator whine problem in my speakers all the time, but I never had a Laser false once, even while I was hardwired

Lead Foot

I don't really care about laser, I already know I'm screwed when it comes to that considering jammers are illegal in california (up to 4 transponders is a mistemenor and 4+ is a felony) both can include jailtime

I don't drive in areas that have laser, thats why I know all these alerts are false.

Power User

speaking of Laser falses, I got a BIG M-F'in one sitting STILL at a red light pulled up behind one of those new Chevy Tahoes..It went FULL LASER until we started moving again.....WTF happened??? I dont know

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    speaking of Laser falses, I got a BIG M-F'in one sitting STILL at a red light pulled up behind one of those new Chevy Tahoes..It went FULL LASER until we started moving again.....WTF happened??? I dont know
    yeah that gor my V1 when my dad and i were returning from golfing and we were behind a tahoe and as soon as he hit his brakes, laser screamed from the V1....caught us both off guard lol