Lead Foot

Default x50 and speed sign

are those signs that tell you how fast you are going different than police radar guns?

if not, i think something is wrong with my x50.

i came over an overpass today and my x50 alerted to half full, after a few seconds trying to find the source i saw the speed sign at the bottom of the hill about 50 yards away. it alerted to full as i got closer, but literally, when i was ten yards past it, it stopped alerting.

under normal circumstance, i feel the x50 should have alerted much earlier than at the top of the hill, and would have continue to alert at least 100 yards past it.

is something wrong w/ my detector or are those signs just different?

it was K band if that helps.

Speed Demon

Default Re: x50 and speed sign

Quote Originally Posted by ryansandlin
    are those signs that tell you how fast you are going different than police radar guns?

if not, i think something is wrong with my x50.

i came over an overpass today and my x50 alerted to half full, after a few seconds trying to find the source i saw the speed sign at the bottom of the hill about 50 yards away. it alerted to full as i got closer, but literally, when i was ten yards past it, it stopped alerting.

under normal circumstance, i feel the x50 should have alerted much earlier than at the top of the hill, and would have continue to alert at least 100 yards past it.

is something wrong w/ my detector or are those signs just different?

it was K band if that helps.
    I believe that these signs normaly operate at a lower power that police radar, and sometimes they are a different type of radar from what police use.

Professional

maybe the batteries are half dead, i wouldn't loose to much sleep over it. Now if you encounter a real leo and it does the same something is definetly wrong there

Speed Demon

The radars used in these signs can be out of tune and thats probably the problem with the one you encountered :wink:

Lead Foot

Theres a couple speedsigns on a road out here by a school which aren't correctly set. They constantly display 5-10mph above your actual speed. This is even when you're the only car on the road.

Speed Demon

Personally, I think that speed signs are just a waste of taxpayer money...if I want to know how fast I am going...I can look at my speedo

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by jdreynss
    Personally, I think that speed signs are just a waste of taxpayer money...if I want to know how fast I am going...I can look at my speedo

like the cops care what ANY of us think....theyll waste OUR money on all sorts of BS as long as were alive

Speed Demon

Oh, , I know that's true...it seems like they are always coming up with something. :?

Power User

How it is and ALWAYS will be man, you can count on that :wink: