Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default will mounting here affect rear detection

in my car(lexus IS300) im trying to mount it as high as possible, but i can only go so high in the center until the RVM gets in the way. and im not sure if it will affect rear detection.
    here is a pic of what im ta;ling about and potential places i was thinking of mounting.

Red is the current spot, blue are spots i was thinking about. except the blue about the current spot is where im worried about rear detection. it is also going to be hardwired as soon as i find a good spot to put it in.

Speed Demon

All radar detectors( except valentine ) only have a forward antenna, so they rely on the radar signal bouncing off of things in front of you, and into the antenna. In short, no, you will not hurt your rear detection

Lead Foot

would putting it in the spot in the top left where i circled affect any performance? i would put it right above the mirror, but there is some black ridges thats wont allow the suction cupb to stick there.

Speed Demon

no, that would be fine

Lead Foot

thats were i got mine about mounted...

Good Citizen

What about a visor mount? Easy to hardwire, and no suction cups required. I just saw a cool install today from a member here. It was where you have it now, but hardwired and secured to a bracket.

http://www.radardetector.net/New-Mem...56k-15960t.php

BTW, nice car!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by spider_55
    What about a visor mount? Easy to hardwire, and no suction cups required. I just saw a cool install today from a member here. It was where you have it now, but hardwired and secured to a bracket.

http://www.radardetector.net/New-Mem...56k-15960t.php

BTW, nice car!
    yea i saw that earlier today, but after looking at mr mirror, it doesnt have enough space to hook a bracket around it like that. that is so clean though. maybe ill consider a visor mount its only 4 bucks for the clip so why not give it a try

Lead Foot

im just worried if i mount it in the spot on the side of the mirror since it isnt facing completely straight it may hurt performance? should i be worried

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by xxbillay
    im just worried if i mount it in the spot on the side of the mirror since it isnt facing completely straight it may hurt performance? should i be worried
    a small angle shouldnt matter, and in my case I did it too, but one cup sits "Higher" than the other one to make it point straight

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbillay
    a small angle shouldnt matter, and in my case I did it too, but one cup sits "Higher" than the other one to make it point straight

see arashi i did the same thing as yours, but i didnt like it being crooked per se, so thats why mine is angled slightly..... i have not noticed really any difference in performance