Thread: X50=crazy

Newcomer

Default X50=crazy

So I've had my x50 for about 4 months, it was fine until about a week ago. It has been going off on x and ka (never laser) false alerts at random times. It is hardwired into the car. The alert will go off, on high, and then die in about 2 seconds and completely dissapear. It happens about three times every time I drive the car. It is completely random, I've tested it by driving back past areas where it would go off on high and there would be no alert whatsoever (It recently went CRAZY in this two-lane back road that was surrounded entirely by farms, and there weren't any cars around). It is driving me INSANE, and I have tried EVERYTHING including rewiring the hardwire, so my question is this..is it time to send it in for repair?

Good Citizen

Default Re: X50=crazy

Quote Originally Posted by phorm
    So I've had my x50 for about 4 months, it was fine until about a week ago. It has been going off on x and ka (never laser) false alerts at random times. It is hardwired into the car. The alert will go off, on high, and then die in about 2 seconds and completely dissapear. It happens about three times every time I drive the car. It is completely random, I've tested it by driving back past areas where it would go off on high and there would be no alert whatsoever (It recently went CRAZY in this two-lane back road that was surrounded entirely by farms, and there weren't any cars around). It is driving me INSANE, and I have tried EVERYTHING including rewiring the hardwire, so my question is this..is it time to send it in for repair?
    Did you consider an exorcism?

No seriously, send it back for repair.

Speed Demon

Default Re: X50=crazy

Quote Originally Posted by phorm
    Connect it to the cig.lighter to see if there is a problem with the hardwire, if not just send it for repairs

Good Citizen

Im glad you posted this... maybe i need to send mine in. Mine will out of nowhere go full x alert for a few seconds then turn off and theres no cops around anywhere. I am also pretty sure that nowhere around me uses x band anyways. So should i send mine it too?

Mine did the same thing, only X-Band though. I sent it back in to have it fixed, they replaced the antenna, and recalibrated. Whatever that means. It still does the same damn thing, not as much, but it does it time to time. It doesn't do the full X-band, but somewhere in the middle. I just learned to deal with it, if I don't find State troopers with x-band in jersey soon, I will just turn it off. They use Laser now, and on occasion instant on K band. sigh!