Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In garage ka?

Radar Fanatic

Default In garage ka?

I went out to the garage today to have a smoke, and I hear a beep-beep coming from my car. I look at my 8500 and it is saying 2 very low power Ka, both of the garage doors are closed and there is nothing that would set it off inside the garage. I changed it to spec mode and it said 33.200, what could cause this, and is 33.200 police radar? Thanks.

Advanced Member

Default Re: In garage ka?

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    I went out to the garage today to have a smoke, and I hear a beep-beep coming from my car. I look at my 8500 and it is saying 2 very low power Ka, both of the garage doors are closed and there is nothing that would set it off inside the garage. I changed it to spec mode and it said 33.200, what could cause this, and is 33.200 police radar? Thanks.
    33.200 is outside of the police radar band, so it probably isn't police radar. So: false alert...

Radar Fanatic

MMMM? I wonder why it happens some times, and other times it doesnt. It picks up K band just fine, Ka isnt used much around here. Thanks Jim!

Default my PP 8500 non-X50 does that..

It's not working correctly since it has the vaunted "Service Required" messege. Maybe your 8500 is going out?

Radar Fanatic

Mine doesnt say "service required".

It happened again later this afternoon, went from 33.200 to 35.413 to 35.3xx then back to 35.413. I wish my city had a ka speed sign or something that emmited a true Ka signal.

I meant to type my 8500 has the Service Required and was showing 2 K band signals.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    I meant to type my 8500 has the Service Required and was showing 2 K band signals.
    I've heard that LEOs have for long time demanded an RDD that really detects... sexy girls in sports cars :roll:

Radar Fanatic

i get Ka as well when i drop my friend in his house

i found out he has motion sensor lights, i think thats where the Ka was coming from

Radar Fanatic

No motion sensor lighting in my garage, I have one of those fancy park helper things, but they havnt been working in quite some time. It only happens when the garage door is closed.

Lead Foot
    Austin, Texas/ Greenville, South Carolina

does your neighbor have a really cheap crapra? the $40 unit I bought has really strong leakage at 33.168 I believe maybe 34.1** cant remember...