Professional

Default New X50 experiance w/laser

ok so i plan on having a friend over and i notice he is running late, so i call him and he says hold on man i just got pulled over in a area were i know they do laser traps, i told him to ask how he got ticketed...So he replys officer said he got me going 52mph at 987ft. He said there was alot of LEO's there, so i told him to park his car near the church were he was located and i would be there in a second with my X50 that is. So anyways he gets in the car with me and im making y first pass on a 3-lane road with 3 cars in front of me in each lane, i get a quick 1.5sec full laser alert and i figure i was just hit with laser but the X50 responded late....nope i picked up scatter through the van in front of me because as soon as the van moved lanes BAM i get like a 8 sec alert with laser on the X50, anyways i made 2 more passes the 2nd with me being in front and i got an alert at roughly 1500ft and another at around 500ft. I wish i had the V1 to compare it with but i was very pleased with X50 and laser. Ill post the setup of the road for my 3 passes and where i received a alert.

Radar Fanatic

Just Curious, do you have a High or Low mount. I have mine mounted right below the RearView mirror. It seems like you got excelent Laser coverage from the X50 and the fact that you recieved scatter makes me feel better about the X50 laser proformance.

Professional

it is high to the left of my RVM right below my tint strip, my car is real low to the ground, but if we had the same cars my RD would actually be mounted higher then what you have it at, I think if mine was low i wouldnt of been able to pick up the scatter, and sorry about the no pics yet, comp is having problems. Here is a pic of the style of my car, mine is slighty different but the RD would be right at the top of the roof line and windshield.

Good Citizen

If the laser ain't hittin' ya, then it's gotta be darn close to trip the X50, or any laser detector for that matter. I've seen LEO's pointing laser guns nearby me and my X50 didn't detect. Actually, that's the reason I bought the X50, because every weekend I'd see LEO's out with their lasers in Illinois, pulling people over right and left, and I'd never get a detect out of my Bel 1670 w/ laser. So I got the X50 and still didn't detect them.