Thread: X50 and POP

Good Citizen

Default X50 and POP

Sorry if this is a repeat post, but I didn't find too many clear answers.

I recently turned POP mode on, on my X50, thinking that it should be on just in case.

I have heard the X50 will false more with POP on, but will this give me Ka falses, or just POP falses? I got a few hits of Ka over the weekend. Very short bursts. Didn't see anything that said "POP" though. It could have been a cop, but I didn't see anything close by, and it was in a kind of weird area for a speed trap.

Good Citizen

It will just say "POP" with no mention of Ka.

If it says Ka, then its either legit or a weird door opener... or another RD. Really you just gotta guess.

Good Citizen

*EDIT* See Roy's post "Off topic"

Thanks admins and everyone who is helpful here!

-Bill

Lead Foot

I've had a hundred POP alerts, however out of those hundred only twice was it really a cop. Most of the time I've seen POP go off it was due to another veh. having a radar detector, specifically COBRA models.

I have tested it in my two vehs. and the x50 recieved a POP / full K alert when the cobra is near (in the same veh or different) and the Cobra model will recieve a VG2 alert.

Experienced

Had my first POP hits today, I was behind an SUV with another detector. The thing freaked out. It looked like he might have had a Cobra or perhaps a Whistler. The sad part was this happened from a pretty good distance.

Good Citizen

POP was so annoying that I was forced to turn it off. I would be in my driveway and POP would go off....
    I honestly think it isn't reliable enough to leave on for city driving. I have my V1 with POP enabled and I don't think I have been "Popped" yet, to my knowledge. I suggest only turning it on for highway driving. Another thing is that it sounds similar to Ka, so don't get desensitized!

Good Citizen

Default Mine is off too

I agree 100%, as much as I hate to say it, I drive with mine off too!!! I hope that I don't regreat it!