Banned

Default GOL October 2006 test results.....NEW!!

Dear all,

Please check out www.guysoflidar.com for october 2006 test results.

I would like to comment after reading the document. but my first impression is valentine 1 is the winner...

Thanks,

Power User

its been out for about a week, theres already a good amount of discussion going on on this test, but the fact is that its not real world on the straight line test... note the RADAR absorbent foam box :wink:

Power User

I was at the test and I looked to the Real World over hill test as the most influencing. The straight away test with the radar absorbent foam was an interesting experiment lab type test but I prefer the real world test as a reference for judging radar detector performance.

In my opinion if someone were to ask me what is the best detector using the GOL test to base my judgement, I would reply that it is tied with the STi and V1 being the best. The STi and V1 have big differences as far as features and radar signal alert selectivity. I personally prefer the STi over the V1, but if you want the best for the real world you can't go wrong with either one.

In my opinion if you want to save a little money and want the near best, you could go with an RX65 or X50 but I would pick the RX65 used in Ka USA mode over the X50.

Again, these are just my personal opinions.

Jamal

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    its been out for about a week, theres already a good amount of discussion going on on this test, but the fact is that its not real world on the straight line test... note the RADAR absorbent foam box :wink:
    oh face it you lost haha.

Banned

In my area Rd are forbidden and leo's are using only stalker atr 34.7.
    In my opinion STI is the best choice according to tests.

But as you can see in my video's my X50 works like a radar killer and can alert me miles and minutes away from a real encounter. the real life isn't test and you dont have 2 or 3 rounds to try again.

My X50 alerted me before curves (documented in the video), before hills, and 1.5 minutes before at straight road. Even I get bored to going slow during this period.

We are buying RD's to avoid us from getting a ticket. it is the main objective for a RD. and my X50 doesn't face me down. I dont need to learn a encounter 40 feet before (X50 = 1744 and V1=1788).

These are my opinions. Thanks.