Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clickity-Clack

Default Clickity-Clack

This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it, so I'm going to ask anyway:

Does anyone here have a problem with their 8500-X50 clacking against the windshield with every single bump in the road using the windshield suction cup mount? I have mounted the unit in 3 different cars, and it displays this annoying trait in all three cases. I'm constantly listening to the case knocking against the glass with every suspension jolt, no matter how small. I suppose I could try to put tape on the top back corner of the case, or something. Any suggestions?

:x

Speed Demon

You must be hitting those bumps pretty hard! It sounds like you dont have your detector level. I go through bumps once in awhile. I dont have any problems.

Speed Demon

no issues like that. make sure the RD is straight and level and pushed forward in the holder until it clicks... pushing it too far forward it doesn't click, just back it out a touch and it'll click on.

Radar Fanatic

This is an issue with my RX as well, rattles like crazy on rough roads.

Professional

I do have that problem as well.

I got a bit of soft electrical tape to put at the back where it touches the window.

It depends on how hard you have your suspension. On my S2000, which is my for racing car, the suspension is set pretty hard. On my other cars, they dont have the same problem. So YMMV.

Old Timer

It sounds like your detectors arent level, that would explain the clacking of teh case on the windshield.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    It sounds like your detectors arent level, that would explain the clacking of teh case on the windshield.
    I keep mine level to a nearly obsessive degree. It's just because my car is a piece and rides rough.

Lead Foot

No Problems here, even though I noticed that my detector sags down a bit. I have it on the closest setting to the windsheild, but it still doesn't seem like enough. I have a pretty slanted windsheild though, so maybe that is why.

Newcomer

My suspension is really tight and mine bounced alot. I solved the problem by mounting it above my rear view mirror so that the bottom rests gently on top of the mirror. It doesn't bounce at all now.

Speed Demon

trying bending (being careful) the mount and sticking the detector back on like its supposed to be :idea: