Default Day 1 with x50 =P

So i just picked up a Rev 6.1, never had a radar period before. I think i shouldn't about it on my first day but i won't be on the highway much anymore.

I tested it out on i-94 from Chicago to Detroit. Found out my local train station sets up a crazy X-band. I found my range to be rather short. There was a state tropper SUV parted on the curb with its lights off, i got a KA at 3 and within 15 secs i drove past him. Once i past him the signal was gone.

Something i've notice everytime i drove pass a trooper, about .5 miles before i see him i would get a KA or X band at 3 bars and it would be on for like 2 seconds and then turn off. Is that normal ? I thought it should detect it and the closer i got the stronger the signal but instead it just turns off.

Oh i had it mounted right under my rear view in the middle if anything.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Day 1 with x50 =P

Quote Originally Posted by bowlofturtle
    So i just picked up a Rev 6.1, never had a radar period before. I think i shouldn't about it on my first day but i won't be on the highway much anymore.

I tested it out on i-94 from Chicago to Detroit. Found out my local train station sets up a crazy X-band. I found my range to be rather short. There was a state tropper SUV parted on the curb with its lights off, i got a KA at 3 and within 15 secs i drove past him. Once i past him the signal was gone.

Something i've notice everytime i drove pass a trooper, about .5 miles before i see him i would get a KA or X band at 3 bars and it would be on for like 2 seconds and then turn off. Is that normal ? I thought it should detect it and the closer i got the stronger the signal but instead it just turns off.

Oh i had it mounted right under my rear view in the middle if anything.
    You bought a great detector my friend. The reason it alerts and then nothing is because cops are smart, they see you and they turn their radar on, as soon as they clock you, they shut it off. Its called instant on. Sometimes, I mean like once a week or even month, depends where you live, you will see constant on, where their radar is always on and you can pick it up long distance away.

oh i picked up a constant on because i know the normally leave it on when they see accidents and stuff to alert us or something in that lines. I picked up on one of those as well.

I'm just trying to get my bearings on how the detector picks up. Kinda funny my instant reaction when i hear the radar is to let off on the gas and not brake.

Old Timer

Yea, the X50 has a pretty good learning curve

its nearly a week now. I've picked up K bands from cops pulling people over like about .2-.4 miles away.

Other times i've picked up tons of K band motion sensors from stores. And i picked up a couple stronger K band from cops but i get alerted once i can see them which is a little late.

I did enble all bands including POP. I've read some things about POP being pointless. Some have said the same about X band.

What creates a strong X band? I drive by this building everyday and it triggers a full X strength X band.

Professional

were do you live, because you most likely can turn off X unless you know LEO's use it there.

Currently I live in detroit but i'm moving back home to chicago for good in 2 months.

Professional

When I had mine for 13 1/2 days (trial) I found it very sensitive to K band especially. Never got a chance with KA :x

Oh well, you have a detector that like the other top three will be saving your butt :wink:

Ace