Since I only received my 9500i yesterday I have had limited time to play around with all it has to offer. But here are a few things so far:
1. The GPS speedometer is very accurate to what my car was reading.
2. Driving on the highways thru downtown Nashville my old RD (Passport 7500) would give me quite a few false alarms from businesses close to the highway. The 9500i didn't pickup hardly any when I had it in AutoSensitivity mode. Traffic slows down to almost 30 so it must have switched to City mode.
3. When it picked up a false alarm that I know of, locking it out was a breeze.
4. After you lock out a false alarm, when you drive by that location again the little satellite icon will rotate, letting you know that location is locked. I didn't read anything about that here on the forum.
5. Acquiring the GPS signal was phenomenal. I park my car straight forward in the garage at night and when I started it this morning it showed that it acquired a signal. I have never seen a GPS get signal inside a building. Also when out in the open it is very fast acquiring a signal. I start my car (RD directly wired to turn on with car), put my seat belt on, put the car on drive and signal is already acquired. I would say within 4-5 seconds.
To me this is a great RD, but as you see I was still using the old 7500 so pretty much anything was an improvement.
Almost forgot. When I was driving by a Walgreens I got a false signal. But it showed I was picking up two signals (one at 24.110 and another at 24.172). I don't know if Walgreens doors uses two signal or if I was picking up another false close by. When I locked that location out it locked out both signals. Could this be an issue that if you want to lock out a false alarm and you are picking up and LEO's radar at the same time that you could be locking out both signals and not know it?