I plan on getting the 9500i, but waiting a while to make sure there are no major bugs to be worked out (V1 3.851+ "E" errors anyone?).
After owning a Whistler Pro58, RX65 Pro, X50 and currently using a V1 - here are the things I am looking forward to:
1. No more false alerts in the City - the major reason for getting the 9500i 8)
2. No more laser false alerts from: Neon signs, Trailblazers, Envoys, Infinities etc.
3. Having the SpecDisplay again. Maybe not 100% accurate but a cool feature anyway.
4. Auto mute!!! I really miss the automute functionality.
5. 280 LEDs. It was way cool to have this display.
6. Intelligent volume control. One more thing that can be done automatically for you.
7. Improved voice alerts. The voice feature on the RX65 was nice to have and sounds like it has been improved with this female version.
8. Autosensitivity. Didn't really do much on the X50 or RX65 but this new version sounds like a nice feature as well.
9. No more Ka falses or POP falses.
10. Distinguishable band ID. The V1 has them too close and the same color LEDs
11. No more J'd out alerts - possibly J'ing out a real threat.
Here are the things I am not looking forward to:
1. No arrows. Though not 100% accurate, this is the main reason I use a V1.
2. No K band muting. I really like the K band muting feature of the V1. Weak K band signals can be shown but not heard unless they break 4/8 strength. - Edit - not really needed now with lockout feature.
3. No auto-dimming. I really like this feature as well. - Edit - the 9500i has auto-dimming.
4. No muted volume control. Its nice to be able to control the muted volume separate from the main volume.
5. Heavy. The RX65 and X50 are noticeably heavier than the V1.
6. No upgrades. Kind of cool that the V1 can be upgraded for a price.