Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Rev. 3 to Rev. 11??

I am just registered, but have been viewing the site for a couple months. I have a question for someone about the x50 rev. 11 that is supposed to be coming out. The story is I bought my detector from Radarbusters about 13 1/2 months ago. Just out of warranty but the display was flashing service required. They called me and told me it would be $50 for them to open it up and look at it. They also said they would update any software for the same price while repairing it. My question is should I try to wait and get the Revision 11 or just pay for it now and see what I get. I received a letter today telling me to contact them about repair or they would hold it for thirty days and then ship it back not repaired if they had not heard from me by then. I have Rev. 3 now and I guess either way it would be an improvement. What do you guys think. I might wait until the 29th day and then pay and see if the newest update comes back.

Lead Foot

Well there were significant changes of rev 3 vs rev 5 so its a worth-while upgrade, who knows how long until rev 11 comes out.

Banned

what were the significant changes?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    From what I've noticed: Less falsing, stronger alerts, better laser detection.

JTW, have you noticed this? Maybe you could test a rev 3 vs a rev 5 to confirm?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by N3T_K1LLA
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    From what I've noticed: Less falsing, stronger alerts, better laser detection.

JTW, have you noticed this? Maybe you could test a rev 3 vs a rev 5 to confirm?
    I tested a rev 5 against short range laser and it only alerted to a hood shot just like all the other detectors, with the exception of the V1.7 that alerted to all headlight and license plate shots.

Speed Demon

I was hoping the next revision would help against the z35 pop gun that JTW had tested last month.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glockman30
    I was hoping the next revision would help against the z35 pop gun that JTW had tested last month.
    I bet it'll be at least 1 more year before the detectors can detect a Z POP 1/2 the time.

Speed Demon

Thanks for the help. I guess it is constant revisions and updates. That is how to stay in business until the next great detector comes out. I am betting on V1 to be the first to conquer any new threat. Of course MV has to believe it is a legitimate threat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glockman30
    Thanks for the help. I guess it is constant revisions and updates. That is how to stay in business until the next great detector comes out. I am betting on V1 to be the first to conquer any new threat. Of course MV has to believe it is a legitimate threat.
    If Mike didn't think it was a legitimate threat he wouldn't have introduced POP2. I also think Mike will conquer the threat first.

Radar Fanatic

I just hope that he tells us about it when he does so that we know that the update exists.