1. I miss the slanted display of the x50. When mounted high along side the rear view mirror i dont get a clear look at the display. the x or k letter is cut off.
2. They need to offer it in blue
3. When in highway i had a one bar k band signal from a door opener at walgreens. When put on city mode it was gone. It verified this multiple times by shutting down the unit and changing the sensitivity setting. Even though escort claims city mode only reduces k band i am wondering about this.
4. I locked out a known false for k band at eckerd today. upon drving back through the area the gps did filter it out. I transmited a k band radar at this point and the 9500 started screaming. Therefore in my opinion the gps filtering works great.
5. The auto dim feature does not work well when the unit is mounted high on a windshield. When i put it on the dash it worked great. When mounted high (where i keep it) the unit is too dark during the day.
6. The auto volume feature i did not noticed any difference. I tripped off the unit when the car was quiet and when the radio was turned on fairly high.
7. Big problem i noticed was the gps on the 9500 and the useage of a sirius satilete radio. My sirius antenna i have on the middle of my dashboard up by the window and worked great for over a year. The sirius immedialty loses its signal when the gps filter is activiated on the 9500. I had to re-route the antenna on the sirius sat and move the antenna. This did fix the problem. Minor inconvience but one none the less.
8. I love the speed display feature.
9. The frequency of the ka stalker radar i have was picked up by the 9500 instantly upon transmitting the unit. "34.712 was displayed".
I have onlu had the unit for a day. So far i am very impressed. The gps feature only makes this unit great. No more falsing going down the road. FINALLY!