Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default 9500 STALKER DUAL TEST

Tested the 9500 vs stalker dual today at work. I picked up the stalker dual transmiting at a staionary positiion with moderate/ heavy traffic in front of me 1.1 miles away. Last 80% of the the interstate was straight and flat there was a small hill at the beginning. Overall i was pleased to see it pickup over a mile away. I have to test it now via k band

Professional

Couple questions...

In which mode was the 9500i in?

What was your speed as you traveled toward the stalker?

Power User

Good range so far for 9500i then. I have tried the V1 and 9500i with our local speed sign and the 9500i always alert me first with the stalkers.

Fucco, have you tried testing the 9500i in Sen1 and Sen4 ? Just wondered if detection is reduced from radar detector's when using different sensitivity levels. I was planning to do a test with the golden eagle and dual SL - if i can borrow from a friend hopefully in the next couple weeks regarding diferent sensitivity levels and see if you also get the same results with it.

When you said stalker dual, is it just the dual or dual SL? Just want to make sure we're using the same unit in this kind of testing.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by nascar
    Couple questions...

In which mode was the 9500i in?

What was your speed as you traveled toward the stalker?
    Ka band is always at full sensitivity whether you use A mode or H mode. So it does not matter regardless of what speed you're in.

Professional

Azonehits:

OK. Seems as you are stating this as fact. So for now, I'll accept that.

Founder of Stealthvation

I can not wait for our test next month to see exactly what the deal is. Well I am expecting my 9500i on Monday so hopefully I can do a head to head with the V1 in a real world setting WITH video
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by nascar
    Azonehits:

OK. Seems as you are stating this as fact. So for now, I'll accept that.
    I was at a stop light waiting to move and the 9500i alerted me first before the V1 did with Ka 35.5 ghz. Cruiser was coming in at a 90 degree angle.. Had 3 alerts before the V1 did. That indicates to me that the 9500i parked is in full sensitivity when you compare it with the V1 although this is not the best way to test it but i always use the V1 as a becnhmark in any bands. If your radar detector can match the V1 's performance or even better, i can assure you you have a good radar detector.

Good Citizen

The radar was is in sen4. The sen setting of the stalker does not effect the trans range of the unit. It only effects the recieving of the signals the unit trans the same distacnce no matter what.

Unit is stalker dual., we trans the rear antenna in stationay mode on shoulder of interstate. 9500 was in highway i was going about 61 mph.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by FUCCO
    The radar was is in sen4. The sen setting of the stalker does not effect the trans range of the unit. It only effects the recieving of the signals the unit trans the same distacnce no matter what.
    10-4.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by FUCCO
    9500 was in highway i was going about 61 mph.
    So this peaks my curiosity. Would the 9500i alert to X, K, Ka at the same exact spot in A mode as H mode doing 61 mph?

I understand that Ka is not affected by modes but it would be nice to confirm.

BTW... We all really appreciate these tests. If I had access to these radar guns I would be doing them for sure.