In my experience and from others here, it appears that a good rule of thumb for those that are unsure about whether to order or not is...
1. If you are a V1 user and like your V1, you MAY not like the 9500i.
2. If you are an 8500 X50 user and like your X50, you MAY like the 9500i.
3. If you have never tried the V1 or STi, you MAY like the 9500i.
4. If your travel is primarily "city" with a lot of "non-LEO" alerts, you MAY like the 9500i.
5. Finally, if your travel is primarily "Interstate", you MAY not like the 9500i if compared to the V1 or STi.
6. If "stealth" is essential, then you MAY want to pass on the 9500i and go with the STi as the primary choice, with the V1 second.