I have had the 9500 for about a month. Overall i am disappointed with it. I got a v1 today and figured i will give that a test out. Here are my "concerns" with the 9500
1. vehicle speed display is a nice touch (best working feature on unit)
2. auto dim finally is great improvement.
3. voice feature is nice but personally i did not really care for it.
1. gps filter - this works 1/3 of the time. I have locked out signals and sometimes it will filter them out and sometimes it will not. If it does filter it out when i transmit a k band gun it will NOT pick it up at all.
2. Sensitivity - i had a x50 ver 5 which had much better sensitivity on k band. ka band was the same with both units. i got a stationary signal 1.1 miles away (stalker 34.7) when i tested it.
3. city/highway - I dont care what escort states, while in city mode k band sensitivity is effected as well as x band. This i dont like at all. I have done numerous test picking a one bar signal k band in highway as soon as u put the unit into city mode is becomes quiet. I have tested it powering it up and down and different locations with the same results.
4. I had the sirius/xm radio cut out instantly when 9500 is powered up. I had to send 9500 back for a update which did fix the problem. Although i had unit back in hand in 7 days i feel i should not have to send a new unit back to them within a week of having it. I feel this issue was due to poor testing before it was released.
5. the ramp "signal meter" goes from 1-2 to full instantly. It did not have the steady ramp up signal like the x50.
6. When i tested moving mode ka stalker as soon as the radar and myself passed each other the 9500 fell dead silent. I understand it is no longer shooting at the 9500 but it should pick up scatter. When i say dead silent i mean silent. Less than 2 seconds after passing each other i stopped alerting.
Just my 2 cents.